SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Just to let you know ...
TV Land has moved from 301 to 304.
Why, I have no idea, not even a clue ...
I would understand if it was to put channels together or something like that.
Not so, the Nick channels are all grouped and TV Land is part of that.

It now looks like this:
299 NICK HD
300 Nik2 Nick West
302 Nktn NickToon Network
303 The N Don't know if this is a Nick channel, but probably
304 TVLand

I just came across this when looking around, there seems to never be anything good on Thursday Nights, This may have happened a while ago, but I never saw anything about it.

Jimbo

Likely they are moving now so future additions can take the now empty spaces and THEN it will make more logical sense..

The N (The Network for Teens, formerly The Nighttime Network for Teens and Nighttime on Noggin) originally debuted on April 1, 2002 and shared space with Noggin. a service of Viacom and the Children's Television Workshop. by 2002 CTW had reduced its stake in the network, allowing Viacom to launch a second service within the channel space. The N has no timeshift channels, as it only has an eastern feed and on December 31, 2007 The N became its own 24-hour network.

The N

Likely they are moving now so future additions can take the now empty spaces and THEN it will make more logical sense..
To me, it still doesn't make sense, but like you said, it may in time, just don't know why they would open up a channel slot in their same channel grouping, maybe theres another channel they are going to move in there, but it would have to be a Nick type channel.

Jimbo

Perhaps there's coming channels needing to be squeezed into the 290-299 and/or 300-309 channel range that prompted DirecTV's move. I have no problem with this.

umm TV Land spun off nickelodeon ( sort kinda) It was originally billed as a 24 hour version of nick-at-nite

umm TV Land spun off nickelodeon ( sort kinda) It was originally billed as a 24 hour version of nick-at-nite

I wish it still was. TV Land programming has taken a nosedive south (way south) over the past couple of years (where all channels that start off good seem to always end up).

I wish it still was. TV Land programming has taken a nosedive south (way south) over the past couple of years (where all channels that start off good seem to always end up).

It was better when it had Mannix.

BTW, there is a new digital subchannel starting out called RetroTV that will give you more than your fill of many of the cheesy detective shows from the late 1950s to the early 1960s, like Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six and 77 Sunset Strip. As soon as you've seen a couple of episodes of them, you'll learn why no one has been shwoing them recently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)