Tv or sat box problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hunted Duck

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
I got a 50" Samsung 720 plasma tv Thats about a year old. When we are watching tv especially ESPN I get red pixels that show were the score box was or sometimes where there face was. Is this a tv or box problem? Thanks

move the receiver to another TV and /or place another receiver on that TV. see if the problem moves with the receiver or stays at the TV or goes away entirely. do a reset on the receiver. re-seat the HDMI cabling.

Does it only do it on ESPN? Or do you have this problem on other channels? What resolution do you have the receiver set to? Have you checked on Samsung's website to see if any similar problems have been reported with the model of TV you have? Also, you might want to check and see if Samsung has released a software update for the TV you have. Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, just did not know what you might have check out and I was trying to provide you with some things to check.

No, it happens on alot of the channels we watch. Just more prevalent on ESPN. We are watching a dvd right now and not 1 red dot. But if did on my Roku box also though. All 3 are hooked up with HDMI cables. Thanks for the help

Got the problem fixed. I downloaded the bin file from Samsungs website and flashed the tv and it is like a brand new tv. Mo more snow and no more burn in. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts