TV1 Now TV2 no signal on TV2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BluffingJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
FL
TV1 was downstairs, and is now replaced. So it is now upstairs. Had a CRT tv, now a flat screen. Have the TV on the same channel as before (73), and the cable through the splitter into the back of the tv. However, I am not getting any signal on any input.

Do I need the component cables (didn't have them for orig tv2 and that worked fine)? Or do I have to go through something in the menus on tv1? Any ideas - trying to save call if I can.

Figured it out - had to reprogram the remote to pick up the channels.

Reguarding the splitter (presuming this word is what makes you think i don't have legit dish) it is so both upstairs and downstairs can be on the same box. it isn't illegal or anything like that. means nothing in regards to the legality of my service or ability to have dish

For me, the biggest problem was not understanding what you were really asking. If it's working now, that's awesome. Here are some general comments:

TV1 is the TV that connects directly to the receiver. Depending on the model of receiver, there are several ways. The SD receivers (322/522/625, etc) can use coax, RCA, red/blue/green to connect. When you go to a HD receiver (222/622/722/922), there is no coax option, but you add an HDMI option.

TV 1 is going to be on an input when directly connected, or on channel 3 if connected by coax.

TV2 is connected in another room, and is connected with coax cable directly to the TV. No receiver in the room. That TV is generally going to be on channel 60 or 73. There are some possible alternates, if the modulator (Menu, 6,1,5 at the receiver) is set to 60/air, can also check channel 116. If the modulator is set to 73/cable, also check channel 21 and 22.

By the way, the devices used are:

Coming down from the antenna, the first "splitter" device you'll see is known as a diplexer. That takes in the signal from the antenna, sends it to TV1's box, and also splits off the signal to send to TV2. Behind the receiver, you'll see one of two configurations: Either a triplexer (1 in, 3 out), or a diplexer (1 in, 2 out), and then a separator that splits the sat cable to sat1 and sat2. A triplexer is a separator and a diplexer all combined into one device.

I'll attach a very basic, MS Paint-made sketch. dish simple 722 install.jpg

I understood him fine. His tv at the TV1 location was moved from the TV1 location to the TV2 location, and he bought a new tv for the TV1 location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)