TV2 IR converter

sowbug

Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Texas
it all seems so simple but it still doesnt work. i have it setup just like the manual. look at the picture of my ViP622 sys info, is TV2 supposed to say IR or remain UHF Pro Band A. if it is suppose to say IR, no one knows how to change it. Tech came to house, spent an hr here and boss called him to next job saying they dont troubleshoot the TV2 IR converter.

before i "teach" my harmony 700 and after switching the tab to black on the TV2 remote, is the tv2 remote supposed to work with the little ir sensor from the converter kit.

Also found this on youtube: YouTube - DISH Network TV2 IR converter

Attachments

• ViP622SysInfo.jpg
    ViP622SysInfo.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 658
I claim TV2 is UHF only, which is why this adapter is necessary. You cannot change it to IR at all. And on the other question, "Yes" the IR sensor is necessary for this adapter to work at all.

let me make sure i understand:
on the Sys Info: Secondary Remote Address will remain as UHF Pro Band A with the IR2 converter kit connected to the upstairs tv?

If i point the dish tv2 remote with the black tab (it is a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro) at the converter kit IR sensor which is attached to tv2, should it control the tv2?

I DO have the converter with a 622. YES, secondary address remains UHF Pro Band A. The 6.3 remote's tab is used with the BLUE tab up though and still sends UHF to the CONVERTER which CONVERTS it to IR. I use mine to be able to use Slingbox on TV2. Hope this helps!

Ed

dish tv2 remote 6.3 ir/uhf pro does not have ir switch, it's either a or b. according to pg 7 of the dish tv2 ir converter kit user guide either a or b can be used since the 622 is not listed, i am using b on both the remote and the converter.

my system is setup exactly like the diagram on page 4 of the guide. the guide refers to diplexor, i have holland DPD2 where the diplexors are shown. i assume the holland is a diplexor, if not, let me know.

i am not using a sling box and would prefer to have responses from folks who are setup as close to figure 4 on page 4 of the guide.

dish tv2 remote 6.3 ir/uhf pro does not have ir switch, it's either a or b.
Right you are. And I DO own a number of 6.3 remotes. ;)

i am using b on both the remote and the converter.
OK, I have two comments about your remark.

1) Your screen capture in the OP shows your receiver is still on the a band. This could be the problem right there. The receiver and converter bands must match. The remote band is irrelevant.

2) Most (in fact all the last time I looked) of the wiring diagrams show the converter taking the place of the UHF antenna, which would mean your UHF remote is no longer useful as a UHF remote. Switching your 6.3 tab over to black should in fact turn it into an IR-only remote, which should work with the converter as the remote does now directly in UHF mode. If there is an a and b IR band, I don't know about it. (I thought the bands referred strictly to UHF frequencies.)

Last edited:
i now have the receiver and converter set to A. i pressed the sys info on the receiver (i also had the receiver in dual mode if that matters) i pressed record on the TV2 remote while sitting in front of the receiver, i turned the tab to black, went back up stairs to TV2 but the dish tv2 remote did not control tv2. any more ideas?

could it be the remote?

Last edited:
Tangent: I am still refusing to buy one of these, on principle. My ViP622 already has an IR sensor, it should be at max three or four lines of code for TV2 to support an IR address different than TV1 without additional hardware.

sowbug said:
i now have the receiver and converter set to A. i pressed the sys info on the receiver (i also had the receiver in dual mode if that matters) i pressed record on the TV2 remote while sitting in front of the receiver, i turned the tab to black, went back up stairs to TV2 but the dish tv2 remote did not control tv2. any more ideas?

could it be the remote?

You have to have TV2 set to address 1.
It will still say UHF not IR
Now the harmony should be able to control TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)