Tv2 no coax

lkoester

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
ca
Sorry if this has been discussed but I don't have a coax on my tv2. To convert the coax to components, will a vcr work? the Dish installer suggested using an RF Converter but those convert from component to coax not the other way around.

You may be confusing component (only on TV1) with composite (on both TV1 and TV2). Composite's 3 RCA connectors (RWY) is slightly better quality than RF coax. Almost any old VCR can convert composite to RF channels 3 or 4 and vice versa.

What TV do you have that does not accept a coax?

BTW, the 622/722 coax output is for both TV1 and TV2.
-Ken

Sorry if this has been discussed but I don't have a coax on my tv2. To convert the coax to components, will a vcr work? the Dish installer suggested using an RF Converter but those convert from component to coax not the other way around.
My 722 has composite out for TV2 in addition to the coax.

Is there any other option than an old and bulky VCR to act as a tuner? Does anyone make a small tuner specifically for this issue (i.e. displaying channel 60 or 73 over RBY)?

Why cant you just Use the Composite TV2 and hook it to your TV or Monitor? How are you hooking up your VCR to the TV if the TV doesn't have composite or coax inputs?

Why cant you just Use the Composite TV2 and hook it to your TV or Monitor? How are you hooking up your VCR to the TV if the TV doesn't have composite or coax inputs?

Op probably doesn't want to run the needed cables to another room of the house and is wanting to use existing coax run.:)

Op probably doesn't want to run the needed cables to another room of the house and is wanting to use existing coax run.:)
I guess so.:) I'm not sure I follow what he's asking.:confused:
He said his TV didn't have a coax, Well it must have a Composite, because he would have had to hook up his VCR somehow to his TV. Right?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I have a HD DVR Tuner (not sure of the model) from Dish and want to use my TV2 option in another room. Unfortunately, the Dish system uses the existing coaxial cable the my home was wired with to transit the signal over either channel 60 0r 73 to the second room and the TV I want to use does not have a built in tuner. Bottom line, I would like to be able to watch TV2 on my tunerless TV without having to use a VCR or something with a built in tuner. Is there a small inline device that would demodulate channel 60 or 73 from the coax? My TV only has S-video, composite and HDMI inputs.

The closest thing to what you're looking for is an old analog cable tv box, if you can still find one. Basically a standalone NTSC tuner with composite video and audio outputs.

RF converter would not work anyway because there is no tuner, but a VCR does and would work great. You could stash it in a closet or in the basement if you don't want to see it.

What you want is a Proton tuner. It's a standalone NTSC receiver with audio and composite video outputs. They haven't been made for years but you can find a used one on ebay.
Link

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I have a HD DVR Tuner (not sure of the model) from Dish and want to use my TV2 option in another room. Unfortunately, the Dish system uses the existing coaxial cable the my home was wired with to transit the signal over either channel 60 0r 73 to the second room and the TV I want to use does not have a built in tuner. Bottom line, I would like to be able to watch TV2 on my tunerless TV without having to use a VCR or something with a built in tuner. Is there a small inline device that would demodulate channel 60 or 73 from the coax? My TV only has S-video, composite and HDMI inputs.
The HD DVR ALSO has Composite TV2 Option.( Yellow,Red,White , TV2) I don't think you need a Tuner to use that. But You would have to buy and Run these cables, Or Buy a TV that has a Coax.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Receivers/vip722-lrg.jpg

TV2 A/V CONNECTIONS
[FONT=Akzidenz Grotesk BE Light,Akzidenz Grotesk BE Light]
  • 1 set RCA-type audio/video outputs
  • 1 Agile modulated coaxial output to distribute programming to a remote TV location
[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)