TV2 UHF Antenna

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Need to extend the UHF range of the 922 for TV2. Too far to second TV for remote to reach receiver. Threads are different on the antenna, not the same as regular coax connectors. With all of the great ways to extend all other dual receivers, too bad the 922 has to have a unique antenna that can not be connected to coax. Any ideas?

Yeah I noticed that the 922 has different threads on the antenna connection. I was thinking of going to Radio Shack and seeing if they had some sort of cabling that would work with it, but I get barely acceptable performance out of mine that I have put it off. Prior to the 922 I had to use coax to move the antenna (my house has wire mesh under plaster walls/ceilings that blocks signal). The 922 is a lot better than previous receivers, so it works in my case.

Kind of a ghetto idea but I just tried it and it worked. Use the same technique as used when extending the range with any other receiver. The only thing that changes is the cable that you connect to the green antenna input on the 922. Instead of having connector on it, which you can't use in the 922, strip the cable to leave about an inch of the copper exposed. Shove that into the green antenna port on the 922. As long as it doesn't move out you will be fine. As I just said I just tried it with success. It's ghetto but who cares!!

Hook up some rabbit ears to it. You will need to use the push on coax plug not the screw on type. My brother in law did this for his garage tv, worked just fine.

Give it a shot.

Push on connector is a great idea, I will try it this morning, for longer runs the ghetto Idea could work too. Thanks guys, I am sure Dish will come up with a better crossover connector some day. There must be something different about the 922 antenna, could it also do WiFi?

Push on connector is a great idea, I will try it this morning, for longer runs the ghetto Idea could work too. Thanks guys, I am sure Dish will come up with a better crossover connector some day. There must be something different about the 922 antenna, could it also do WiFi?

Not sure, but there has got to be a reason for them changing the threads on that connector

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)