Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Here's my setup

HR23/600 w/ latest CE
HR23/700 w/ latest CE
PS3
TVersity Media Server v. 1.7.2.1

MRV works between the receivers. PS3 can play TVersity media. TVersity can see and identifies the receivers. I have completely disabled all firewalls.

BUT I do not see the files in my play list, what am I missing?

Are you looking at the "Music, Photos and More" option on your HRxx boxes? When you say playlist, I take it to mean the same playlist that your recordings reside in.

yes, I'm looking for the movies.

I did go look under music, photos, and more. I do see the server and the content, but it only displays movies in the last sub folder. That is, I have my folder with lots of movies and sub folders with series. When I look under my folder I only see the sub folders, not the movies in that folder.

I also tried playing some of the movies that I was able to locate, it either cannot play the audio of it says the movie rate is greater than the highest allowed by media share.

Any thoughts?

The error on playback rate is something you will not be able to overcome. The video portion of "Media Share" is still considerably lacking. The only way I can get it to work is to convert my videos to a "TS" format, then rename it to MPG. This makes the file useless for watching on the PC, but it does work on the PS3. I use a program called "Stream Clip. It can be downloaded for free from www.squared5.com

ok, that covers the video stream / quality.

How about the fact that I cannot see files in folders that have other subfolders? Heck in some folder without subfolders I also cannot see any files

Far as I am concerned the DLNA function on the D* HR machines is only useful for 22 minute animated programs such as simpsons or family guy.

Can't FF or RW with it not even pause. With pause it just stops playback after a few seconds.

There are also some considerable issues with media share in the last few CE's. Its hard to tell if they ever address the issues and/or fix them since about all we're getting in the way of "release notes" is 'under the hood'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)