TVland gone bye bye now too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I use a pc entertainment center.
Some time back someone told me how to install a program that would let me watch it and it's been working fine until tonight.

I was also able to get a picture on Fashion TV but it locks the machine up and I have to press the reset button.

But I've had no problem with TVLand at all, it's been fine until now.

Oh yes, and it says the signal and picture levels on TVland 72 is 100% for both. So the dish is fine and the sky is crystal clear. Nary a cloud to be found anywhere.

That would probably be CoreAVC ;)

Oh! That sounds familiar! I think that was it.
A friend emailed it to me and said to install it and that would let me be able to watch more stuff. It also fixed some of the problems I was having with sound, I think.

But still, no TVland. Still a black screen. Did they shut it off? :river

When I checked at 1:00AM EDT, it was encrypted, so yes, they shut it off.

:river :river :river :river :river :river Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Oh well. I guess I can take one of the little uglies down now.

Up, down. Up, down. This little game is tiresome.
Time to get cracking on that motor dish.

:river :river :river :river :river Sniff.. Sniff.....:(

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Oh well. I guess I can take one of the little uglies down now.

Up, down. Up, down. This little game is tiresome.
Time to get cracking on that motor dish.

Well we had a pretty long run on that one. I think it was FTA for at least 9 months, and much of that time there was a 2nd FTA version on another sat. So I think we got a good deal on that channel. :)

Well we had a pretty long run on that one. I think it was FTA for at least 9 months, and much of that time there was a 2nd FTA version on another sat. So I think we got a good deal on that channel. :)

But it is for 100% sure gone??

Take the dish down?

Stick a fork in it??

Not coming back ever??

:river

never say never but usually once something is scrambled on Dish or Bell it usually aint coming back

- hold on, now!

Take a dish down?
Heresy, I say! - :eek:

The proper thing to do in these cases is to re-task it to another bird. - :up
I assume we're talking a small dish with a circular LNB.
So, we need another desirable signal it's suitable for.

Just leave it up. No point doing up-down-up-down.

I've got five dishes :)eek: yeah, I know) that are on the ground that I'm going to put up soonish just for that "you never know" occasion. Because you just never know when something might pop up.

BUD is kinda in the way of good placements though.... Trying to stick to the back of the house for the wife.

Happy wife makes a happy husband. ;)

Dish recently moved channels on 72W from the old Echo satellite to the new Nimiq5 (which gives better signal results)

When they moved the channels over, they probably realized it was ITC and scrambled it.

Dish recently moved channels on 72W from the old Echo satellite to the new Nimiq5 (which gives better signal results)

When they moved the channels over, they probably realized it was ITC and scrambled it.

where is the nimiq5 satellite? Has anyone checked there? :confused:

same spot...they just replaced the satellite there because Echo 6 is old

they moved all the channels off Echo 6 and moved them to Nimiq5 at the same spot. This allows Dish to move Echo6 somewhere else

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts