TVLand will no longer be available on the W5/X4 as of October 12th, 2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Politics and red tape.

Figures!

But...who has the ability to cut through this red tape/politics?

As you've said if no one does anything, nothing happens, so who should we be lobbying?

Should we be lobbying HBO, SHO ? This forum seems like the ideal place to co-ordinate such an effort - including the most appropriate contact.

Last edited:
Is Tim still our contact at srl or should we be working with skyvision ? If we buy all our own equipment and pay to get it authorized and pay the sub prices, I dont see where they could lose anything?

Figures!

But...who has the ability to cut through this red tape/politics?

As you've said if no one does anything, nothing happens, so who should we be lobbying?

Should we be lobbying HBO, SHO ? This forum seems like the ideal place to co-ordinate such an effort - including the most appropriate contact.

Good question maybe someone with the legal know how has an answer.

Last edited:
eurosport said:
Viacom does that with everything. Start out with great ideas and it slowly morphs into garbage! MTV, MTV2, now TV Land too. Crap. New shows might be HD, but new shouldn't even be on there :rant:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Yep you are right about Viacom! :-(

Is Tim still our contact at srl or should we be working with skyvision ? If we buy all our own equipment and pay to get it authorized and pay the sub prices, I dont see where they could lose anything?

Tim is the one to contact at SRL still.

Yeah, make sure to include a check for 1 million dollars!

Heck I can do that. But I wouldn't advise them to do something stupid..like try to cash it or something. Wouldn't it be the thought that counted?
biggrin.gif

As Far as TV Land is concerned, I may not care much longer. When I went into my Dish DVR this morning to set up timers for Gunsmoke this week... I noticed an alarming change. Instead of Gunsmoke being on twice a day M-F, the guide shows once a day M-Wed of this week. Thur & Fri had no Gunsmoke, and neither did any day next week.

I hope this is just a temporary change. I've DVR'd a ton of them so far, but I don't have them all yet. Without Gunsmoke, TV Land is worthless to me.

Currently, I have Gunsmoke in both my Dish package and my new HITS package that I just activated this weekend. I knew HITS was gonna drop it before I got the package. I didn't care because I already had it in my Dish package.

If Gunsmoke stays gone for good, I won't care if I have TV Land from either provider.

Cheers

I'm not "as" upset about TVLand going away now that TeenNick is showing 90's shows I grew up on during the hours I normally watch TVLand.

It is nice that the SRL folks thought enough of us to send a postcard about this! Was a bit surprised to get one today but I think it shows that they want us to know what's going on and are making an effort to keep earning our trust in them! (keeping in mind that programmers' pulling things is not their fault!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts