tvrossiya still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
I have tvrossiya and i LOVE my Russian TV never had any kind of a problem with it in almost 1 1/2 years now. but now for the last 6-7 days it's been down. I've called and all i get is a message saying they are working day and night to resolve the issue. Does anyone know whats going on??
why are they down for so long??

Ok if anyone knows anything please let me know.

ThanX

These scumbags are finally out of business. Try bestrussiantv.com for online tv and try something like larutv.com or nashdomtv.com for set top box.
These tvrossiya guys are still charging for the new subscriptions although their service is not there for 2 weeks and I have heard that they are out of business. Unbelievable!

WebTV guy thank you for your information.
Can i ask where or how did you find out Broadshift went out of buisness??
Also i also just found out about nashdomtv,,What do you know about them??
do they use mpeg 4 technology?? do they use P2P technology??

I've seen there site and all looks good but how do i know they won't fold up in a year or two?? Do you know of any otherRussian IPTV companys??

I want to watch Russian TV on my TV not on my computer.

OK any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you my friend

RedAce

NashDomTV is good, there is also LARUTV, but it is mostly for West Coast people. Both stream with wmv9 on very stable set top boxes. They also offer 2 weeks of archives for all programs (over 40 channels) and also offer video on demand. These guys are incomparable to tvrossiya, who are a bunch of scumbags. Just read about them at itvnforums.com

Webtvguy agian i want to thank you for all your help.
They have a show room here in new york in brookyln so i am not far from there so i will go and look at it up close.

I don't know if you can answer for me these questions but who run's or owns nashdomtv??

ok thanks agian

RedAce

TO: All IPTV users

Try URL Removed. All the rest are broadcasting these channels illegally in Canada and USA... The same will happen to them as has happed to Broadshift the provider of tvrossiya... The main problem is without channel distribution rights... you have no guarantee how long they will survive... getnexTV.com is a legitimate distributor of Russian, Ukrainian, German, Greek etc... NexTV is owned by Ethnic Channels Group ethnic channels group - home a licensed CRTC operator in Canada with channels broadcasting on Cable and Satellite. NexTV has recently launched its IPTV services Canada wide... NexTV is a Set top Box offering so you are watching channels on your TV and not on the PC... For all existing tvrossiya subscribers NexTV is offering a free box upgrade and 3 months free for the channels. After the 3 months a monthly fee of $29.99 will be charged. Call Phone Number Removed. call to find out what channels are available... Currently the channel package is 18 channels within the next month that will grow to 30 channels...

Also, if you are a subscriber to any other IPTV service offering nexTV will honour the same deal a FREE STB UPGRADE AND 3 MONTHS FREE SUBSCRIPTION...

What makes NexTV different from the rest: we are not illegal we have secured all the necessary rights for all our channels… We are legit stable company… Our parent company is one of the largest distributors of Ethnic television content in Canada.

Don’t be fooled by the rest…

Call Phone Number Removed

NexTV

Last edited by a moderator:
getnexttv Thank you for your info!!!

Looks very good Can i please ask a few questions?
1. what kind of set top box do you use??
2.Do you use Mpeg4 technology??
3.How is the picture quality?? any buffering issues?

You mentioned that for those that "For all existing tvrossiya subscribers NexTV is offering a free box upgrade and 3 months free for the channels. After the 3 months a monthly fee of $29.99 will be charged".

On your site it says the russian package is Package Price:$44.99 Plus other charges. which is right??

$44.99 + is alot to pay each month.

OK PLEASE any info would help ALOT.

There are ALOT of Russians here in the New york Area that are looking for a Good reliable hoest service. Alot of use cannot use satellite dishes and even if we could you can only get a few channels that way IPTV is the wave of the futer i know because i did have tvrossiya for almost 2 years and when it worked well it was GREAT. Only thing that need to get better was picture quality.

Ok agian thank you for all your help as i try to make a discision on what i am gonna do.

RedAce

getnexttv.com Thank you for your info!!!

Looks very good Can i please ask a few questions?
1. what kind of set top box do you use??

[nextv] we use the same STB.

2.Do you use Mpeg4 technology??

[nextv] no we use wm9...its really the same thing...

3.How is the picture quality?? any buffering issues?

[nextv] we have been told that our quality is better... but the fact is we are still streaming content over public internet... so a lot of the buffering issuesusually resides with your ISP...

You mentioned that for those that "For all existing tvrossiya subscribers NexTV is offering a free box upgrade and 3 months free for the channels. After the 3 months a monthly fee of $29.99 will be charged".

[nextv] yes just send us you STB and we will send you a new one... Or we maybe able to upgrade it in the field... I will get back to you once I have had discussion with our engineers...

On your site it says the russian package is Package Price:$44.99 Plus other charges. which is right??

$44.99 + is alot to pay each month.

[nextv] New price is $29.99 plus $4.99 system access fee...

OK PLEASE any info would help ALOT.

There are ALOT of Russians here in the New york Area that are looking for a Good reliable hoest service. Alot of use cannot use satellite dishes and even if we could you can only get a few channels that way IPTV is the wave of the futer i know because i did have tvrossiya for almost 2 years and when it worked well it was GREAT. Only thing that need to get better was picture quality.

Ok agian thank you for all your help as i try to make a discision on what i am gonna do.

RedAce

Getnexttv.com thank you agian for all your info!!
I am very very interested please could you send me an email at my home email jdhost3703@optonline.net could you send me a contact phone ## where i can talk to you??

One more quaick thing who makes your set top box??

Ok PLEASE inhope to hear from you.

RedAce,,Daniel

Dear GetNexTV rep,

Do you know when you will start offering Greek programming over your IPTV service?

Thank you.

All Broadshift services have ceased operation as of today. I was a tvitaliana subscriber, but this also affects tvrossiya and any potential itvn deal. Here's the message from broadshift:

"Regretfully, BroadShift has ceased operations.
We have been unable to obtain necessary funding to continue business."

tvrossia

getnextv--I looked at your website. YOu dont have any major Russian channels, like ORT (Channel 1), RTR, TNT, CTC--you olny have some useless channells that noone wants to see. $45 is a lot of money for channels that dont include any of the prime channels translated FROM RUSSIA. What you have is international channels like RTVI that show complete garbage and noone wants to see. I'd rather take my chances with other providers who have more channels. I mean, 90% of the time we watch either ORT or TNT

I was told by Getnextv that after the new year they will be adding about 30 more rusian channels so it will be interesting to see what they will offer.
Oh and as i understan the price also will come down too.

I've done alot of reading and i think they are a good company,, Legit.
Write them direct and let them know what you want.
Remeber the Squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!

I was on 28/Dec at GetNexTV company and I didn't get this offer:You mentioned that for those that "For all existing tvrossiya subscribers NexTV is offering a free box upgrade and 3 months free for the channels. After the 3 months a monthly fee of $29.99 will be charged".see #8
But I was proposed to pay like a brand new subscriber.

Last edited:
IPTV Users, please pay close attention... we are on this forum to inform you and provide you with a legitimate alternative source for watching Russian, German, Greek, Arabic and Ukrainian TV ... Our offer to you is simple we are ready to accept/trade-in your existing STB, which currently is useless to you... However, we most be clear not all STB's are compatible with our system… For those customer that own a (Softier Wave-300) STB you have nothing to worry about… Please call our office Monday – Friday 1-866-645-8792 and we will take care of you… We will either reprogram your current STB or will give you a new one… You will have to visit out office and must bring your STB with you… For those that have a Sunniwell, CMS 500 or any other STB’s we are also interested in having you as a subscriber, but we can’t just swap out you STB as they are completely useless to us… We will give you a credit of $50.00 towards your new STB…

The below options are available to all new subscriber and all Sunniwell, CMS 500 or any other STB’s owners:

• We can rent you the STB with no contract the cost of the STB rental is $4.99 per month plus your package subscription… There is a one-time activation fee of $25.00. A security deposit equal to one month payment. You will be billed one month in advance for your subscription. You most have a valid credit cards… You cancel you subscription after 30 days… You must return the STB or you credit card will be charged the value of the STB.
  • Purchase the STB out right and just pay the monthly subscription - no contract
  • Pre-pay your 3 months subscription and you will receive a $49.99 credit to wards the STB. Your STB cost is $149.99
  • Pre-pay your 6 months subscription and you will receive a $99.99 credit to wards the STB. Your STB cost is $99.99
  • Pre-pay your 12 months subscription and you will receive a $199.99 credit to wards the STB. Your STB cost is $0.00
Additional information for all of you… Our platform was scheduled for launch on February 2008. Because of the shut down of OverseaTV/ShifTV/Broadshift etc… we have been forced to start earlier then planned. We realize our customer service is not running as smooth as we would like it too. Please be patient with us we will look after each and every one of you…

Please be aware this is not a classified section, further ads for IPTV service will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)