SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Yes, A LIVE Doppler is what I want.
LocaL INFO WOULD BE GOOD TOO.

It's not happening here.
Toledo is the DMA, you get the overview, Detroit, Cleveland but not Toledo.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2004
I checked my other receiver and it has the same problem. Not picking up the plugin signal! I tried re-starting the receiver and it still has the same problem.

I agree with the comments! We need a looping radar image and something a little bit closer.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
you mean radar even closer than the weather app or the "RED button" version ? (say at the county level)

This is what I would like, Live Doppler:

Intellicast - Current Radar in United States

We use to have this on our channel 36.2, it was GREAT .... then they took it away and said they needed to remove it because they needed more Childrens programming, now they have stupid Music Videos on the channel.

I'm waiting now to see what it's doing at the moment.

Are you hitting the red button or not ?

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Ok, it did do the locals thing and was actually pretty good, but the doppler stuff was not live and went from Chicago to Boston, hardly local.

smaug07

SatelliteGuys Guru
Apr 3, 2007
I agree with everyone that a better radar, certainly more localized, would be helpful. I find the national radar that is hidden underneath the local version to be better in most circumstances, as it loops and is in HD. Often when the local on the 8s local forecast comes up, I hit the exit button on the remote and it will bring up the national version. Then I can see the looping radar that is far clearer than the local version.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I noticed after the local shows up and disappears (after the 8's)....if you have a DVR and go back it wont show the local feed (only the national)

JerseyMatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2010
Midwest
The DVR probably doesn't record the signal that triggers the app to run. Same reason why the red button doesn't come up during DVR'd sports.

spokybob

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 15, 2008
My Local on the 8's skips once in a while in HD. Don't know about the SD. I like a loop on the radar also. I have an AM21 with antenna hooked up to the H24 on a smaller TV. We have a local sub-channel that is dedicated to local weater.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
we have a subchannel too but since its mainly taped its so outdated. Saturday night they still have the "tape" from early Saturday going.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2004
I was watching TWC HD on my H24 this morning and it was it was time for local on the 8's. It didn't start the slideshow for about 20-30 seconds into the national feed, then it came on and 'rushed' through the slides to get it done on time. Very interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)