Twinhan 102g on Vista

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
Has anyone managed to get 102g to work on Vista? I installed Vista 64-bit on my HDTV-computer and it has a problem recongizing it. I tried all drivers on the Twinhan website and nothing works. Does this mean I have to bit the bullet and buy a new card? I don't want to have to earse everything and reinstall XP just for the DVB card. If I did have to buy another one, any suggestions on where to find one in the Toronto area. Any suggestion?

Don't know about Vista, but I got the card working on XP 64bit using the BDA drivers from Twinhan's website. I thought that Vista had a emulator that was suppose to emulate XP 32bit?

How did you install the BDA drivers? I didn't know how to do that. I am using Mytheatre and it shows it recongizes a BDA DVB-TVS something or other, but when I scan for channels it shows no signal for all transponders on any satellite.

There is a file called "Twinhanlatestdrivers" on the web page. That installed the BDA drivers. I think it is the same one that you listed. I use DVBdream. The main issue I've run across is the lack of disqec (commands won't work very well; when they do, i can't do more than two ports). I ended up switching around my setiup because of this (and the motor install). Now I slave off the Classic NA and the analog receiver slaves off the Twinhan.

Has anyone managed to get 102g to work on Vista? I installed Vista 64-bit on my HDTV-computer and it has a problem recongizing it. I tried all drivers on the Twinhan website and nothing works. Does this mean I have to bit the bullet and buy a new card? I don't want to have to earse everything and reinstall XP just for the DVB card. If I did have to buy another one, any suggestions on where to find one in the Toronto area. Any suggestion?

I have a 102g working perfectly on a Vista 32-bit machine. Installed in seconds. Vista even when out and found the proper drivers. Using it with MT 3.38. I think your problem lies with the fact that you have the 64-bit version of Vista. There is simply no reason to run that version. You're just asking for trouble when it comes to running older hardware. The driver support is almost non-existent for 64-bit with older hardware. If I were you, I'd change to the 32-bit version. You'll have a lot less headaches.

102G Vista

I have been having multiple issues. I tried My Theatre tonight. During install I saw My Theatre's warning to install in C:\ rather than C:\Program Files due to pickiness of Vista.

I made a leap of logic, deleted and reinstalled Twinhan's newest Digital TV software into the root directory. Just erase "Program Files" when it comes time to pick the target location during setup.

Once I did this I was able to edit transponders in the scan pane (this was one of my biggest issues).

I also had problems playing what I had recorded. When going to the recording folder of "Gallery," by right clicking and choosing "Add to Windows Media Player list" I was then able to play recorded clips.

I have just been playing with this fix over the last hour and have lost all of my issues in Vista 32 and I am ready for bed. Try installing to the alternate folder and see if it fixes your issues. Let me know.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I gave up on Vista 64-bit and went back to my old XP OS. I still didn't hear from Twinhan and I don't expect to. I have to admit I wish you could have posted earlier, I'm temped to see if your suggest works. But, I don't want to go through the trouble of wiping everything and find it doesn't work. Especially since you are running 32-bit.

There were other problems with Vista that drove me to roll back. My wireless network adapter wouldn't work. My sound card was not recongized by Vista. I have an AMD64 3400+ processor. If I can't utilize the 64-bit environment without spending more money on new devices, why should I upgrade? If I do what buin95 suggested what is that purpose of having a 64-bit processor if you can't utilize it?

Thanks Scott,

I will take your suggestion and install 32-bit. I hope it works.

Thanks again to everyone who replied. I will post my progess.

Ok, update

I installed Vista 32-bit and all is working fine. All of my devices were recognized especially the twinhan.

I still have a problem with codec. When I watch DVB-TV like PBS-HD on AMC-3 the picture is studdery. I have a Geforce 6200 128MB video card. I use the Nvidia drivers for the card and I bought the purevideo video decorder. The decoder was working great under XP but not under Vista. Is there a knowin issue with this decoder on Vista? I did a search on the net and people have had problems with Vista Beta versions but not the full released verison.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)