Status
Please reply by conversation.

motorcycle_rider

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 8, 2004
Northeast Michigan
I started this as a PM to ICEBERG and PSB so I have included there responses.

As of now I am pointed at 110/119 and 91.0. I am using a Twinhan Starbox to play around with. Just to specify I am only looking for the True FTA channels "legal".

My questions.

1. The twinhan software does not find anything.... I set lnb properly and have signal. But never finds channels encrypted or otherwise. Is this software just junk?

2. MyTheatre finds everything encrypted or clear. But soem of the channels listed on Lyngsat still show as red in MyTheatre but are tunable. None of the others are that are in red that I have checked so far. Is there a way to make these channels show as green?

3. Next purchase is for a dish that I can point to more intersting things. As my budget allow I will only be able to get a single dish no motor. Thinking of pointing to G10R as it seems to have the most english channels and clear line of site. Any other suggestions.?

The following is responses by Iceburg and PSB

Iceburg said:
1. The twinhan software does not find anything.... I set lnb properly and have signal. But never finds channels encrypted or otherwise. Is this software just junk?

it sounds like it might be. I don't work with a PC Card so I really don't know. I have heard that some software is bunk.

Quote:
2. MyTheatre finds everything encrypted or clear. But soem of the channels listed on Lyngsat still show as red in MyTheatre but are tunable. None of the others are that are in red that I have checked so far. Is there a way to make these channels show as green?

Do all the channels show as red or are some green?

Quote:
3. Next purchase is for a dish that I can point to more intersting things. As my budget allow I will only be able to get a single dish no motor. Thinking of pointing to G10R as it seems to have the most english channels and clear line of site. Any other suggestions.?

G10 is the most popular because it has 30+ English & Spanish channels on it. IA5 has lots of channels but mostly are ethnic and religious.

I would ask about the top 2 questions in the FTA PC card area. Just say you aren't trying to get anything you shouldn't be and I think you'll be fine
There are a few people who use PC cards to see the Dish Network changes (Scott is one of them...Goalie Bob is another)

PSB said:

Should be able to get NASA / GOL TV and some Radio, I can on DVB World Box

2. MyTheatre finds everything encrypted or clear. But some of the channels listed on Lyngsat still show as red in MyTheatre but are tunable. None of the others are that are in red that I have checked so far. Is there a way to make these channels show as green?

Not using MyTheatre yet

I am a LIVE News freak, I would point it at IA-8 for the live news. Just a test card until news happens ANYWHERE in the world then it lights up!

Car chases, volcanos, floods 24/7..............

Thats what FTA is really all about to me, I do not watch much TV as such.

I watch LIVE news and sports, and the late shows.

The only one that I have noticed yet showing as green is NASA all the radio stations listed on lyngsat show as red but they will tune. Nasa also tunes.

There are a few stations in green that will not tune. not sure what they but not important yet. Trying to unders stand this red green thing.

BTW the Twinhan software just does not find any channels always says none found.

Hey, rider!
What kind of USB port do you have?
Is it USB2 or USB 1?
I have USB 1 on my laptop, and, same thing, with their software I am getting nothing...
This means, I can throw that little remote into GARBAGE.
MyTheatre and ProgDVB show me all the channels (I have an FTA dish with linear KU LNB).
I am wondering, which version of Twinhan software DOES work?
Is USB2.0 required for it to work?

brada said:
Hey, rider!
What kind of USB port do you have?
Is it USB2 or USB 1?
I have USB 1 on my laptop, and, same thing, with their software I am getting nothing...
This means, I can throw that little remote into GARBAGE.
MyTheatre and ProgDVB show me all the channels (I have an FTA dish with linear KU LNB).
I am wondering, which version of Twinhan software DOES work?
Is USB2.0 required for it to work?

Brada.

I have tried it both on USB1 and 2 with the same results. Altho today I tried scanning another transponder that was showing very high quality.... 80+ and it did show some of the channels with Twinhans software.

Mytheatre and ProgDVB do allow some limited usage of the remote. Volume. Changing of channels. teletext works on MyTheatre (brings up bitrate info) but not on ProgDVB.

I plan on ordering a KU dish this weekend so I can really get into the swing of this. For now its just radio and Nasa for me :( But i do like one of the radio stations :)

I am on my file server now so I cannot look at the version of software from Twinhan right now but I will let you know tomorrow. I want to say 2.63a????? the latest Download from twinhans site.

Thanks for the input at least its not just me beating my head trying to get Twinhans software to work.

Well a little update. I have been able to get the twinhan software to scan in channels now. It just needs to have alot of quality to work. At least with the this software I can tell what is FTA and what is not instead of clicking every flippin channel in MyTHeater or ProgDvb till I get one to do somethign :)

*****Of course I say that I get it working then the damn software stops scanning again*****

Last edited:
When I am telling the Starbox my latitude and longitude and it is not believing me, what is going wrong? The box is saying not to receive the satellite from my location but I know it is mistaking on this because the Mercury II was watching the channels on the Satellite I am wanting to enter.

I am entering latitude and longitude as two digits, two digits with decimal point and zero, two digits with N and W after them and it always says the satellite is not available from my location. Am I maybe supposed to be converting my location of 38N and 74W to something else by adding or subtracting from 180 or 360 or something like that for this box? I also tried my theater but I couldn't find anywhere to enter my location into that program.

Also I got the Starbox because I wanted to try 4:2:2, now I'm thinking this might not have been the best choice for that? I'll have more questions on 4;2;2 later once I learn to control the Starbox with the Twinhan software. From what I understand I have to use My theater or some other program for 4;2;2 but to make things simple I want to get the included software working first. I only have a trial version of My Theater and I'm not sure yet if I will buy the permanent version.

I do not yet have a motor for mine myself so I cannot offer any help really but I do remember asking about motors and remember I think it was PSB mentioning that only one of the recievers could control the motor..... Either your Mercury or the starbox???/ Someone correct me if I am wrong.

My message might have been confusing. I was trying to post the first paragraph in Twinhan english. I always get a kick out of the way some product manuals are translated into english. I had the motor and dish connected to directly to the Starbox when I was having the problem.

I think I do remember an Iceberg tip saying that two receivers being fed from one lnb would both have to receive the polarity that the first receiver was using and obviously I guess they would both have to be set to the same satellite. It sounded to me like different channels or transponders could be watched as long as they were the same polarity if I understood correctly.

This is how I enter in my Latude and Longitude in the twinhan USALs set up.

My location is 44.25'N and 65.1''W this is entered in as Latitude 44.25 and Longitude -65.1
The important point for NA is to put in the minus sign before your longitude.

I have found the Starbox has trouble driving some motor/LNB combinations due to the motor start up current exceeding what the Starbox can supply.
I can point you to a mod for the SG2100 to fix this issue if you wish, just PM me.

Sadie, thanks for that information.

I just re-read the review of the Starbox and it does mention to add *-* to the latitude. I guess I overlooked that the first time I read that review.

I have the HH90 motor but I would be interested in looking at that modification. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts