Two and a Half Men

I had given up on this show, but I did catch the episode with Kathy Bates and that was great. That shows you that if they would have gone with another "hard ass" character, and a great actor like Bates was as Charlie from hell, it could have as good as when Sheen was there. That's the kind of character they needed to pair Alan, Jake, and Bertha with. Kutcher character is just stupid and too much like Alan. And, IMO, Kutcher is not a good actor. He was good in the 70's Show, but he's the wrong actor for this program. Also, Jake is totally being wasted as a talented young actor, no pun intended.
Ghpr13:(

Not much competition on the other channels on Monday night, is there? Dancing with the Stars is getting old in the tooth, not much else on.
Ghpr13:)

In a 500 channel universe (supplemented by the internet) thee is always competition. ae it sometimes people like shows we don't.

so I decided to record the series errrr season finale and didnt laugh one bit

so nothing has changed...the show still is pretty lame in my opinion

I guess today is the day here we are supposed to just make up outlandish plot twists for C

'Two and a Half Men' Ratings Slide: Are Viewers Jumping Ship?
CBS's long-running sitcom "Two and a Half Men" wrapped up its first post-Charlie Sheen season last night, and the network has already renewed it for a tenth season, bringing this season's main cast -- Ashton Kutcher, Jon Cryer, and Angus T. Jones -- back intact. But behind all the good press, a dirty secret is lurking: Viewers seem to be abandoning "Men" in droves.The initial numbers paint a rosy picture: When they renewed the show, CBS crowed that "Men" is up 13 percent in total viewers (15 million) and up 27 percent in the all-important 18-to-49 demographic (5.2) this season. But a lot of that bump comes from the huge numbers "Men" pulled for Kutcher's debut back in September, when a whopping 28 million viewers tuned in to see how "Men" would move into the post-Sheen era.Viewership has eroded slowly but steadily ever since, to the point where an original "Men" episode hasn't topped the 12-million-viewer mark since February. By comparison, that's below what last season (the final one with Sheen) averaged, and a far cry from the 15 million viewers per week the show enjoyed during its heyday. And last night's finale didn't help matters: It was flat with last week's episode, attracting just 11.33 million total viewers and getting trampled by ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." Watch a scene from last night's "Two and a Half Men" finale right here:Two and a Half Men Television show - Two and a Half Men TV Show - Yahoo! TV So is it all Ashton Kutcher's fault? By and large, viewers do seem to be rejecting the switch from Sheen to Kutcher, as evidenced by the comments on our renewal story. (Don's declaration that "No doubt the show bites the big one without Sheen in it" is a common sentiment.) But some fans point to the writing as the main problem with "Men's" ninth season. Benjamin writes that the show's dialogue is now "all masturbation and double entendres. They have made Jon Cryer look like a blithering idiot. The producers and CBS should be ashamed of all the toilet humor."So while it's still a sizable hit by most standards, CBS might be a little concerned about the souring viewer sentiment surrounding "Men" -- especially considering the large salaries due to Kutcher, Cryer, and Jones in Season 10. (Combined, the trio will earn close to $2 million per episode next year.) And it will be interesting to see if disgruntled "Men" viewers will follow their old pal Charlie Sheen to his latest TV endeavor: the new FX comedy "Anger Management," debuting next month. Now that's one TV ratings battle where we can't wait to see who's "winning."

I think Charlie Sheen will be a hit on his new show and that viewers will follow him to Fx. It was Charlie Sheen that made the 2 and a half men a hit in the first place. Almost all the episodes revolved around him with the other characters playing supporting roles in the backdrop. Kutcher has been a distraction ,but not a replacement for Sheen .

The odds are against any show but Charlie will bring some fans with him and the curiosity factor is high.

but no one ever said Charlie was not popular or talented. the charge was that he was self destructive and that those tendencies were interfering with the show. I think the biggest potential problem for "Anger Management" is the same star that gives it so many advantages.

i think anger management will be hit at first but then will cool off..two and half men i blame on the writing team with lousy plots and shows :)

Anger Manager will be lucky to have 4-5 million viewers being that the show is on FX. Regardless, I'm looking forward to checking it out. Don't forget to follow the discussion in the Cable and Satellite Networks sub-forum. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)