Two Hooper communication question

SarKen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
MA
I am looking to update my 622 and 612 setup to a two Hopper two Joey setup. I just have one question that I do not fully understand. I know (well I think) the two Hoppers can talk to either. Does this mean I will be able to transfer/move a recording to the other Hopper. Or does this mean both Hoopers have full access to each other.

My main concern is I do not want the second Hopper to be able to delete recordings from my Hopper. I do not care if they watch the recordings, I just want to keep them until I watch them.

Thanks for the help!

You can watch the other Hopper. You can delete from the other Hopper. You can not transfer/move to the other Hopper.

You can watch the other Hopper. You can delete from the other Hopper. You can not transfer/move to the other Hopper.

Do all the recordings from both Hoppers display under "My Recordings" (what I have on my 612). Or are they displayed separate?

Do all the recordings from both Hoppers display under "My Recordings" (what I have on my 612). Or are they displayed separate?

They will be separate. You would need to press DVR, and then select the other Hopper from a dropdown in this screen to view the other Hopper's recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)