Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

Thanks all. Makes me wonder if there's any advantage to bridging the two hubs. Although it would remove the multiple point of failure situation with the ethernet connection. Haven't had a router fail in years, nor have the Powerline modules had any problems, but you never know. As I said before, its not something I regularly do so its not like there would be an issue with contention. All I need to do is interrupt my wife's streaming the video of her latest golf lesson once and the decision would be made for me.

Thanks all. Makes me wonder if there's any advantage to bridging the two hubs. Although it would remove the multiple point of failure situation with the ethernet connection. Haven't had a router fail in years, nor have the Powerline modules had any problems, but you never know. As I said before, its not something I regularly do so its not like there would be an issue with contention. All I need to do is interrupt my wife's streaming the video of her latest golf lesson once and the decision would be made for me.
OUCH, been there done that!

I have my Hoppers connected to both Ethernet and WiFi. The Hopper is smart enough to disable the WiFi as long as the Ethernet is working. If Moca (bridging) is on it usually goes that route. If Moca (bridging) is off, the Joeys will use WiFI or Ethernet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Help!!! With all these different 2 H3 installations, I am now totally lost as to how to do my 2 H3 installation. I currently have 2 Dishes . 1 getting 110 , 119, and 129 . The wing Dish getting 61.5 for HD locals. I think I have the hybrid LNB and a Duo node. I have 1 H3, 1 4k Joey, 1 Joey 2, and 1 wireless Joey. I would like to get a 2nd H3 to replace the 4k Joey. I am happy with the MOCA connections for my current system. So what is the minimum I have to do to replace my 4K joey with a 2nd H3 and have all my receivers see the 2 H3s.

Help!!! With all these different 2 H3 installations, I am now totally lost as to how to do my 2 H3 installation. I currently have 2 Dishes . 1 getting 110 , 119, and 129 . The wing Dish getting 61.5 for HD locals. I think I have the hybrid LNB and a Duo node. I have 1 H3, 1 4k Joey, 1 Joey 2, and 1 wireless Joey. I would like to get a 2nd H3 to replace the 4k Joey. I am happy with the MOCA connections for my current system. So what is the minimum I have to do to replace my 4K joey with a 2nd H3 and have all my receivers see the 2 H3s.

Take the Hybrid LNB off the dish and put on a DPP LNB. Run 3 wires from that dish and a wire from your wing dish to the inputs of a DPH42. Connect 2 solo hubs to the outputs of the DPH42 and connect your Hopper 3's to the solo hubs. (Don't forget the DPH42 power inserter) You can then connect the Joeys to the hubs. Connect the 2 hubs together if you want the Hoppers to see each other.

Reactions: TheKrell
Take the Hybrid LNB off the dish and put on a DPP LNB. Run 3 wires from that dish and a wire from your wing dish to the inputs of a DPH42. Connect 2 solo hubs to the outputs of the DPH42 and connect your Hopper 3's to the solo hubs. (Don't forget the DPH42 power inserter) You can then connect the Joeys to the hubs. Connect the 2 hubs together if you want the Hoppers to see each other.
Thanks for the help. I have printed the instructions. How long do you think I will have to wait until a Dish installer will be able to do this for me?

Reactions: JSheridan
Thanks for the help. I have printed the instructions. How long do you think I will have to wait until a Dish installer will be able to do this for me?

From what I've read here at SatelliteGuys if you call the right number you can get it done now, for the right price. :)

That reminds me of something I read on a bathroom wall in Yokosuka many years ago. :biggrin

But yup, if you read back far enough in this thread you'll find the phone number and some estimates of the cost.

Yes , I saw the different H3 costs from $230 at Amazon, $249 at Dish Depot, to $345 from dish. I saw $79.99 for the DPH42 from Dish Depot. I hope the DPP LNB and 2 solo hubs and other wiring comes with the install. Does the DPH42 power inserted come with it from Dish Depot? I also have written down the Dish president # to call.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes , I saw the different H3 costs from $230 at Amazon, $249 at Dish Depot, to $345 from dish. I saw $79.99 for the DPH42 from Dish Depot. I hope the DPP LNB and 2 solo hubs and other wiring comes with the install. Does the DPH42 power inserted come with it from Dish Depot? I also have written down the Dish president # to call.
Yes the power inserter comes with the DPH42 switch from dishdepot.com.

I got my two Hopper 3 system "sort of" installed yesterday. What I mean by "sort of" is I had to do some things in town for the better part of the day yesterday, so it was late evening before I got home.
I put up an extra Dish 1000.2 that I have and an extra DPH LNBF.
Got the new Hopper 3 installed, ready to go, and chatted to activate it. I had no problems activating it, just gave them the receiver number and smart card number. I didn't tell them it was a Hopper 3. I put a jumper cable between the two hubs, and both "see" each other as advertised.
Tomorrow I plan to hook the three separate dishes up to the DPH42 and switch over to that from the two 1000.2 antennas. Look forward to less rain fade in those afternoon "pop-up" showers that we have here in the summertime.

I got my two Hopper 3 system "sort of" installed yesterday. What I mean by "sort of" is I had to do some things in town for the better part of the day yesterday, so it was late evening before I got home.
I put up an extra Dish 1000.2 that I have and an extra DPH LNBF.
Got the new Hopper 3 installed, ready to go, and chatted to activate it. I had no problems activating it, just gave them the receiver number and smart card number. I didn't tell them it was a Hopper 3. I put a jumper cable between the two hubs, and both "see" each other as advertised.
Tomorrow I plan to hook the three separate dishes up to the DPH42 and switch over to that from the two 1000.2 antennas. Look forward to less rain fade in those afternoon "pop-up" showers that we have here in the summertime.
Outstanding. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Reactions: bobvick
Outstanding. Good luck to you tomorrow.
I didn't really realize I would use a second one so much. I am using it to record practically all of the gameshows on Buzzr and several movies. Nice to have the extra playlist to bring up, and the extra storage. Certainly don't have to worry about running out of tuners.

I didn't really realize I would use a second one so much. I am using it to record practically all of the gameshows on Buzzr and several movies. Nice to have the extra playlist to bring up, and the extra storage. Certainly don't have to worry about running out of tuners.
Yep, I am using other H3 to record sports and for back up critical hi priority timers.

Reactions: DWS44 and bobvick