Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

With the DPH42, the 1000.4 EA dish can now be resurrected if you need sat 77 -- which is handy for RVers:

dph42_install_10-with-text.jpg

FINALLY! Got my three dishes up, one Dish 500 on 110, two 30" Winegards' on 119 and 129. Those are connected to the DPH42, and then from the DPH42 out to the hubs and to the two Hopper 3's and the Joeys. Signal strengths are in the 80's on 119 and 110, and in the high 60's and low 70's on 129. Previously all were in the 50's and 60's on the 1000.2. Seems to really help with rainfade, as it was raining while I was installing the switch in the crawlspace.

FINALLY! Got my three dishes up, one Dish 500 on 110, two 30" Winegards' on 119 and 129. Those are connected to the DPH42, and then from the DPH42 out to the hubs and to the two Hopper 3's and the Joeys. Signal strengths are in the 80's on 119 and 110, and in the high 60's and low 70's on 129. Previously all were in the 50's and 60's on the 1000.2. Seems to really help with rainfade, as it was raining while I was installing the switch in the crawlspace.
WOW, awesome job bobvick. Are you going to try out a Hybrid Duo Hub? Thanks for posting your install job.

That seems like an ideal setup for optimal signal. Back to where you started with updated components, sweet.

I'm still using the modified 1k4 with the 1k2 yoke and dph lnb. It has been pretty much flawless so I just left it alone.

That seems like an ideal setup for optimal signal. Back to where you started with updated components, sweet.

I'm still using the modified 1k4 with the 1k2 yoke and dph lnb. It has been pretty much flawless so I just left it alone.

If I didn't have these 30" dishes in my shed, I probably would have just kept the two 1000.2 with DPH. I just decided to go back to the way I had it with the HWS setup that I had.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

WOW, awesome job bobvick. Are you going to try out a Hybrid Duo Hub? Thanks for posting your install job.

I think I'll just leave well enough alone :) it's taken me all day to get this done :) Probably wouldn't have been as long if it didn't rain 3 3/4 inches today. I don't think my back can handle crawling back under the crawlspace to try it.

Very nice work on the install. 3 3/4 inches of rain?? That probably surpasses our yearly total. Its 110 in the shade on my patio this afternoon. Its supposed to warm up another 10 degrees in the next couple of days. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that rain.

Very nice work on the install. 3 3/4 inches of rain?? That probably surpasses our yearly total. Its 110 in the shade on my patio this afternoon. Its supposed to warm up another 10 degrees in the next couple of days. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that rain.

We ended up getting about 5" today. Very wet for June, here in N. Alabama. The "humid sub-tropical" climate is apparently, being quite "tropical" this year. If I recollect correctly this is the wettest June since '99, but I haven't went back and looked at records. We average about 55-60" per year here usually.
Where are you located, in Arizona or New Mexico?

Reactions: charlesrshell
We ended up getting about 5" today. Very wet for June, here in N. Alabama. The "humid sub-tropical" climate is apparently, being quite "tropical" this year. If I recollect correctly this is the wettest June since '99, but I haven't went back and looked at records. We average about 55-60" per year here usually.
Where are you located, in Arizona or New Mexico?

Phoenix area. Due to be 119 today, 120 tomorrow.

Ah, what's a little warm spell? Although if it wasn't for mid June through September, everybody would live here.

I left Chicago 37 years ago and wouldn't return. Some are suited for heat and some for cold. I'll take the heat, you don't have to shovel it.

The tech is in the process of setting up my two Hopper 3's right now. I purchased one of them from Dishdepot. However, the tech is saying I cannot use the one purchased from Dishdepot because it doesn't come pre-downloaded. Anyone have any idea what he is saying? He wants to use one he has with him. But I'm pretty sure Dish is going to charge me $350 for that.

The tech is in the process of setting up my two Hopper 3's right now. I purchased one of them from Dishdepot. However, the tech is saying I cannot use the one purchased from Dishdepot because it doesn't come pre-downloaded. Anyone have any idea what he is saying? He wants to use one he has with him. But I'm pretty sure Dish is going to charge me $350 for that.
I went thru the same thing. I could not get DISH to swap the H3 with the retail purchased one. See post #157

Ah, what's a little warm spell? Although if it wasn't for mid June through September, everybody would live here.

I left Chicago 37 years ago and wouldn't return. Some are suited for heat and some for cold. I'll take the heat, you don't have to shovel it.

I love the heat. I can watch it from the air conditioning all day.