Two Hopper w/ Slings - Issue watching recordings on 2nd Hopper during PTAT

caedmon59

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
I currently have two Hopper with Slings and one Joey. The Joey is linked to Hopper #1.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded my 2nd Joey to the second Hopper with Sling (Hopper #2). A Dish technician came out and had to swap my Solo Node for a Duo Node.

So, after this upgrade, I am having a very peculiar issue that I've noticed only happens during PTAT. From either Hopper with Sling, if I try to watch a recording from the other Hopper, the channel switches to a random channel with no sound and doesn't play the recording. I have to press the SAT power button to turn the Hopper off and back on. This issue is happening with both Hoppers. When I upgraded, both Hoppers were running S316, but now I have S328 on both Hoppers and am still having the issue. Oddly enough, this has only happened during PTAT and whilst the Hoppers have this issue, I can watch either Hoppers recordings during PTAT with no issues.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I currently have two Hopper with Slings and one Joey. The Joey is linked to Hopper #1.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded my 2nd Joey to the second Hopper with Sling (Hopper #2). A Dish technician came out and had to swap my Solo Node for a Duo Node.

So, after this upgrade, I am having a very peculiar issue that I've noticed only happens during PTAT. From either Hopper with Sling, if I try to watch a recording from the other Hopper, the channel switches to a random channel with no sound and doesn't play the recording. I have to press the SAT power button to turn the Hopper off and back on. This issue is happening with both Hoppers. When I upgraded, both Hoppers were running S316, but now I have S328 on both Hoppers and am still having the issue. Oddly enough, this has only happened during PTAT and whilst the Hoppers have this issue, I can watch either Hoppers recordings during PTAT with no issues.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

EDIT: Oddly enough, this has only happened during PTAT and whilst the Hoppers have this issue, I can watch either Hoppers recordings during PTAT with no issues from the Joey.

I have had this happen since they added the ability for a Hopper to view recordings saved on another.

Anybody else?

I posted a thread about the same problem a few days ago. On mine, it does it any time the other Hopper is recording. I sent DIRT a kessage, Matt says they are aware of the problem. Hopefully a software fix will happen some day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)