Two Hopper w/ Slings - Issue watching recordings on 2nd Hopper during PTAT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

caedmon59

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
I currently have two Hopper with Slings and one Joey. The Joey is linked to Hopper #1.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded my 2nd Joey to the second Hopper with Sling (Hopper #2). A Dish technician came out and had to swap my Solo Node for a Duo Node.

So, after this upgrade, I am having a very peculiar issue that I've noticed only happens during PTAT. From either Hopper with Sling, if I try to watch a recording from the other Hopper, the channel switches to a random channel with no sound and doesn't play the recording. I have to press the SAT power button to turn the Hopper off and back on. This issue is happening with both Hoppers. When I upgraded, both Hoppers were running S316, but now I have S328 on both Hoppers and am still having the issue. Oddly enough, this has only happened during PTAT and whilst the Hoppers have this issue, I can watch either Hoppers recordings during PTAT with no issues.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I currently have two Hopper with Slings and one Joey. The Joey is linked to Hopper #1.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded my 2nd Joey to the second Hopper with Sling (Hopper #2). A Dish technician came out and had to swap my Solo Node for a Duo Node.

So, after this upgrade, I am having a very peculiar issue that I've noticed only happens during PTAT. From either Hopper with Sling, if I try to watch a recording from the other Hopper, the channel switches to a random channel with no sound and doesn't play the recording. I have to press the SAT power button to turn the Hopper off and back on. This issue is happening with both Hoppers. When I upgraded, both Hoppers were running S316, but now I have S328 on both Hoppers and am still having the issue. Oddly enough, this has only happened during PTAT and whilst the Hoppers have this issue, I can watch either Hoppers recordings during PTAT with no issues.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

EDIT: Oddly enough, this has only happened during PTAT and whilst the Hoppers have this issue, I can watch either Hoppers recordings during PTAT with no issues from the Joey.

I have had this happen since they added the ability for a Hopper to view recordings saved on another.

Anybody else?

I posted a thread about the same problem a few days ago. On mine, it does it any time the other Hopper is recording. I sent DIRT a kessage, Matt says they are aware of the problem. Hopefully a software fix will happen some day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)