Two HR20-100's--one runs hotter - why?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Just upgraded from R15 to HR20-100. Also have another HR20-100 installed Nov 2007. This first one runs 95-97. Second one just installed last week (72 local swap free upgrade with new LNB) runs 100-102.

Why? Same location and ventilation environment.

Should I be concerned about early failure on this second, hotter unit?

Is the hotter one on top of the other?

I'd suggest raising them an inch or so.

I have my HR23 on top of the HR20 with a one inch separation.
The HR20 is at 99 and the HR23 is 115.

There were four different disk drives (that I know of) used in the HR20-100. So chances are that one of yours was made with a hotter running drive than the other.

There are also other components and firmware in the HR20-100 that changed over time without changes to the model numbers. There were a couple of different fans, different tuner rev's, etc.

Further explains why two receivers with the same model #'s act pretty differently.

directv has had recalls on the hr 20s some run over 150 and fail, so check on the sticker on your box does it say version 3.0?
if not demand directv mail you a new one , they have a huge forum on thier own website of pple complaining about the overheating hr20

Do you have a link to this data? I'm aware of a recall with H20-600's, which are very unlike the HR20-100. The H20 is an HD receiver, the HR20 is an HD dvr, completely different innards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts