Two LNBs on one dish and Clarke belt

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yardie0

Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I have a KU and DSS band LNBs on a 75cm motorized dish (DISEQc 1.2). The KU is in the centre and the DSS is offset to the left ( standing behind the dish ). My true south satellite is AMC5. I noticed that I am able to pick up AMC5, Nimiq2 and Echostar6/8 without adjusting the elevation of the dish. When I continue to jog the motor westaward I cannot pick anymore satellites. Not even 119W.
Is it possible to hit the Clarke Belt with both LNBs or is it only possible with the LNB in the centre. Suppose I change the LNB in the centre to a Universal type, wil i be able to hit more satellites. Most of the time my signal strength is around 88 to 91 and quality 72 to 82. Should these be higher? My nearest major city is Toronto and I am using a coolsat 4000 pro receiver

yes it is very possible to hit 2 different satellites on one dish. I have the exact same setup, except my DBS is on the right. I can get G3 (95) and Nimiq 1 (91) at the same time.

Weird that you can get 82 & 79 at the same time. When my DBS LNB was on the left, I could get 74 (SBS6) and 82 (Nimiq2) at once.

DBS is much stronger than KU, so this way is very possible.

As for the motor thing, sounds like something isn't right. You should be able to get all the satellites (unless you have a tree in the way or something)

yardie0 said:
I have a KU and DSS band LNBs on a 75cm motorized dish (DISEQc 1.2). The KU is in the centre and the DSS is offset to the left ( standing behind the dish ). My true south satellite is AMC5. I noticed that I am able to pick up AMC5, Nimiq2 and Echostar6/8 without adjusting the elevation of the dish. When I continue to jog the motor westaward I cannot pick anymore satellites. Not even 119W.
Is it possible to hit the Clarke Belt with both LNBs or is it only possible with the LNB in the centre. Suppose I change the LNB in the centre to a Universal type, wil i be able to hit more satellites. Most of the time my signal strength is around 88 to 91 and quality 72 to 82. Should these be higher? My nearest major city is Toronto and I am using a coolsat 4000 pro receiver

Sound like the Positioner (motor) installation needs a little tweaking. You should be able to get all available satellites in your arc with the DBS lnb on the side.

misunderstanding.

Iceberg said:
yes it is very possible to hit 2 different satellites on one dish. I have the exact same setup, except my DBS is on the right. I can get G3 (95) and Nimiq 1 (91) at the same time.

Weird that you can get 82 & 79 at the same time. When my DBS LNB was on the left, I could get 74 (SBS6) and 82 (Nimiq2) at once.

DBS is much stronger than KU, so this way is very possible.

As for the motor thing, sounds like something isn't right. You should be able to get all the satellites (unless you have a tree in the way or something)

Sorry to confuse you. I did not get any two satellites at the same time but I'll try some of the combinations you mentioned. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts