david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
http://f.email.siriusxm.com/i/37/2072080352/04082015slem1s_01.jpg

Dear David,

Thank you for having your Ford serviced recently.
To show our gratitude, SiriusXM and your service center are
giving you a free 2-Month SiriusXM Select trial that includes
over 140 channels of world-class entertainment.
Click To Activate Now
No Strings

Anyone else ever get this offer? Haven't had Sirius on this car for 6 years now. Bought it 2 years old in 2010 and the Sirius ran out less than a month after purchase. SXM has never contacted me to put service in this vehicle and it doesn't get the free previews. So I have to admit I am intrigued by a free service offer that requires no credit card.

I clicked the link and it took me to a page that told me congratulations my radio had been activated. I turned on my radio it was on channel 184 and some kind of music was playing. It wouldn't let me change the channel and it kept flashing back and forth between "call Sirius" and the 800 number. I turned it off and tried a little later and got the same channel and message only now no music. I had hoped I wouldn't have to call them. I haven't had service in that truck since 2010.

Reactions: dfergie
In my experience, trying to cancel is a bear. That is one of the reasons I am unlikely to ever subscribe again.

Customer service to fix such free offer problems- well, good luck. They only train them to sell, not fix, or so it seems to me.

I am glad my Civic does not even have that option.

In my experience, trying to cancel is a bear. That is one of the reasons I am unlikely to ever subscribe again.

Customer service to fix such free offer problems- well, good luck. They only train them to sell, not fix, or so it seems to me.

I am glad my Civic does not even have that option.
Canceling for me, after a set amount of time, had been extremely easy. You call the toll-free number and tell them you want to cancel. Of course they will try to sell you more service, but I just decline and that's it. I wait a few months for another good offer in the mail and subscribe again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The problem is they give the free trial, and then bill you the full rate after.

So by the time they shut it off, you owe them for 2 months of service at the regular rate
I always use my calendar to keep track. I set a reminder so that I am notified 3 days prior to the end of current deal.
I call in and cancel before getting charged full price. I then wait for the offers to start coming in again.

I clicked the link and it took me to a page that told me congratulations my radio had been activated. I turned on my radio it was on channel 184 and some kind of music was playing. It wouldn't let me change the channel and it kept flashing back and forth between "call Sirius" and the 800 number. I turned it off and tried a little later and got the same channel and message only now no music. I had hoped I wouldn't have to call them. I haven't had service in that truck since 2010.
Ok just to follow up on this, I received a confirmation email from Sirius XM advising I had free service from 6/1/16 to 8/1/16. There were also instructions in the email and a link to click to refresh your radio if you're not receiving service. I clicked the link and was taken to a page where I could enter my radio ID number and click refresh my radio. After about 2 minutes I had service working on my Ford Expedition Sirius Radio that has not received a free preview, as I've said before, since I've owned it. I can change channels and everything seems to work right. I am hoping that now that my radio has been refreshed, I will receive the free previews from now on. All in all not a bad deal since I did not have to talk to anyone or give up a CC number.

OK I'm a week in and I got my first offer in the mail for $15.99 a month + taxes and fees = about $18 and change. NOT ON THEIR LIFE! I suppose if I wait I will get the same 5 for $20 offers that I still get 2 years after purchasing my Toyota. Actually considering it for the summer as we plan to do some travelling. I don't think I would pay more than that though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)