Two Newbie Questions

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hello,

Please bear with me...I'm new at this and I just have a couple of questions that weren't clear to me after reading through the FAQ's.

Am I correct in assuming that whenever I do a CE download that I have to do the 02468 every time or once I activate my receiver in the CE program using that code, will all the downloads be from the CE program rather than national release?

Secondly, is it true that the software releases are only available for a short time? If this is true, will there be a release available when I activate the program (or do I need to wait to do so until I know there is a new release available)?

Sorry this is so basic but thanks in advance for you help!

Hello,

Please bear with me...I'm new at this and I just have a couple of questions that weren't clear to me after reading through the FAQ's.

Am I correct in assuming that whenever I do a CE download that I have to do the 02468 every time or once I activate my receiver in the CE program using that code, will all the downloads be from the CE program rather than national release?

Secondly, is it true that the software releases are only available for a short time? If this is true, will there be a release available when I activate the program (or do I need to wait to do so until I know there is a new release available)?

Sorry this is so basic but thanks in advance for you help!

Hello and welcome to the site !!!

Yes, whenever you download CE software you need to do the 02468 process, otherwise you will be d/l ing the "NR" National Release

Yes again, CE software is only available from 11pm to 2:30am normally on Fridays and Saturdays, but check in at the web site in the CE section for details each time, occasionally they will NOT have particular rec's involved ....
So check to see what rec's are d/ling new software before guessing that there is new stuff for your rec.

Make certian that your rec has updates coming before starting your download.

Jimbo

Thanks so much Jimbo! I really appreciate it. I'll have my receivers ready for this coming weekend and hope for updates! :)

Also, using the 02468 at anytime will download the particular software that is in the stream for your particular receiver. For ex., if you do the CE at the alloted time and use 02468 you get the CE software. If you use 02468 outside of that window, you will get the latest National Release software that is available for you receiver. This comes in handy if you ever download a CE that causes alot of problems with your box.

Also, using the 02468 at anytime will download the particular software that is in the stream for your particular receiver. For ex., if you do the CE at the alloted time and use 02468 you get the CE software. If you use 02468 outside of that window, you will get the latest National Release software that is available for you receiver. This comes in handy if you ever download a CE that causes alot of problems with your box.

Oh, great to know! I was wondering what I'd do if a release ever caused problems. Always great to know before anything might happen. Thanks!

Does the "latest" CE stay available for DL on Friday and Saturday or is it ONLY available for the "specific" date mentioned?

Oh, great to know! I was wondering what I'd do if a release ever caused problems. Always great to know before anything might happen. Thanks!

Does the "latest" CE stay available for DL on Friday and Saturday or is it ONLY available for the "specific" date mentioned?

It's usually available from 11:30PM to 2:30AM ET Fridays and Saturdays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)