Two OTA Antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pi314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
WI
I’m setting up an OTA antenna for a neighbor.

HD bowtie antenna on the roof - almost all locals come in except for two channels.

HD bowtie antenna on ground floor - only the two channels I’m missing from roof come in.

Can I combine both antennas into one coax line? Sort of like using a splitter in reverse?

Can I combine both antennas into one coax line? Sort of like using a splitter in reverse?
If each of the antennas do not receive same channels, could use a splitter backwards. But this will introduce a 3db loss on all the channels.
Try it. That's all that can be done.
If both antennas receive ch 'y' using a splitter could knock it out completely. Try it again with one coax shortened 1/4 wave x velocity factor @ the frequency of the channel.
Think I'd first try with one antenna, moving it about to find the 'sweet spot' where it gets all channels.
More detail may be had if we had your TVFOOL report and the particular channels you get on which antenna.
Antenna selection, and installation, is science with a lot of art.
Very rarely does science win hands down. Many times art is the victor.

Thanks FaT Air, as a last resort I can put in a coax A/B switch. TV Fool info is as follows:

upload_2015-6-23_11-26-59.png

The two channels I do not get on the roof are 3.1 and 47.1 but can get them on ground level without all the other channels.

Have you tried moving the antenna on the roof around.

It could be in a null spot for those 2 channels.

If the rooftop antenna is amplified that is the problem overload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts