Two Questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fish2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I have two quick questions. I did some searching on this already, but cant find my answers.

Question #1. Can you use an older Directv Dish and LNB with a DP34 switch and 522 and 811 receivers?? It is an older single LNB, circa 1994-95 I think.

Question #2. Can you have more than 3 dishes/LNB's if you cascade two DP34 switches together or do I have to get a DP44 switch? I have a superdish, but need either 61.5 or 129 for my HD channels. This is what I am wondering about the Directv dish for.

Thanks!

No.

No. To added a fourth satellite and still use a DP34, you need to use a DP21 and take an output of the DP34 to 1 receiver. If all your receivers need 4 satellites, then a DPP44.

But you wont be needing the superdish for locals in a month anyways so if you can wait I'd do that

So is the 105 satellite not going to have any programming on it at all after the switch?

BFG said:
No.

No. To added a fourth satellite and still use a DP34, you need to use a DP21 and take an output of the DP34 to 1 receiver. If all your receivers need 4 satellites, then a DPP44.

But you wont be needing the superdish for locals in a month anyways so if you can wait I'd do that

So, basically, you put a DP-21 in the receiver out cable of the DP-34 going to the HD receiver, correct? Just run the DP-34 connection to one of the satellite in connections of the DP-21 and the 4th LNB to the other sat in of the DP-21 and run that output to the HD receiver? I may just wait anyway. I see we switch locals on the 21st anyway... I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep this 811 anyway...

Exactly, and if it's a dual-tuner model you would need 2 DP21 switches.

As to why #1 is "no," D* LNBs are equivalent to E* legacy so they can't be used with DP or DPP switches.

fish2222 said:
So is the 105 satellite not going to have any programming on it at all after the switch?

They are not going to have LiL standard definition markets on it any more after E10 goes full time. Dish has not annouced what it is planning with the satellite the next 8 or so years they have it for on their lease.

I doubt the satellite will sit empty for 8 years. But, it could be used for all sorts of stuff, private business channels, backhauls, HD Locals, etc.

I was told today that I should wait instead of putting up a 61.5 or 129 dish as they are moving the HD channels to 119 also. I'm so confused!!!