Two remotes for one receiver

extremepilot

Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
Say I have a receiver and I already have a remote for it and I get the same exact remote off Ebay or something like that, is it possible to program it to work?

In my case really there is a receiver that allows for two televisions , so I used a splitter and it now there are 3 TV's showing Dish from one receiver, only two of them are showing the same channel, so I want to get a remote for the 3rd one.

If you didn't understand the second paragraph, ignore it and just answer the first question please.

i have a DVR622 with three different TV2s distributed around the house. The receiver came with two remotes; one remote with a green 1 for TV1 and one remote with a blue 2 for TV2. I bought a couple more TV2 remotes on EBay and programmed them for the other two TVs. Just make sure you buy the correct remote.

Go to Ebay and buy another remote. They are cheap there. My wife washed one of our remotes by accident as it was on the bed when she decided to wash the bed sheets and I bought a replacement remote of Ebay for less than $10 with a buy it now price.

I just bought 2 'refurbished' for $13 including shipping. My old one was having problems switching modes. It was cheaper than even replacing it under the dish warrenty.

Do you know where I can find out how to reprogram it?
Oh and on the back of the remote it says "4.0 IR / UHF PRO", is that all I need?

To program the remotes, I followed the instructions in the DVR622 User's Guide using the "Device Code Tables". One thing that had me stumped for a few minutes is the eBay remotes had a different "Address". Check your System Info screen for the Remote Address, then follow the instructions in the User's Guide to program that address into your purchased remote control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts