Two remotes for TV 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ringfinder

Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
My question is how can I program two Dish Remotes to use on TV 1 ? My wife wants her own remote and so do I. We have had two remotes for years on our Dish Network and used them both on TV 1. I also have another TV in another Room and it is run by Remote 2. So I have a total of 3 remotes, two of them called Remote 1 and the other one in the bedroom called Remote 2.

I had to buy two new remotes, because the old ones finally just gave out, I think we have had them over 7 or 8 years. My old ones were 21.0 IR/UHF PRO and 20.0 IR. My new ones are 21.1 IR/UHF. How can I program my new remotes to work with TV 1? Help!!

Thank You,
Denny

To get the full Brian trust, you should post this in the Dish forum. This area is about site operations in general.

First of all flip "tv number" tabs on the bottom of your remotes to show green , number 1 side up. Then press System Info button on your receiver. It will show you TV1 remote address. Now press and hold SAT button untill all mode buttons on top of your remote light up. Press the number shown in TV1 Remote Address and save it by pressing # button on your remote. SAT should blink 3 times. Finally press Record button to link remote with receiver. Remaining on System Info screen repeat for 2nd remote. Both remotes must be addressed the same.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I tried going to the Dish network and chatted with someone who knew nothing about what I wanted to do, so I got no answer from her. I know it can happen because I had two remotes that worked for years in this configuration. Now I since I had to buy new ones because the old ones gave out, they won't work. I can't believe that a husband and wife can't have their own remotes for the same TV in one room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts