U502 has blown up OTA...again.

I watched some of my OTA channels today on one of my two Joey's and no signal breakups. Did they fix the problem or is it only temporary? I seem to remember a while back that the problem was gone for a day or so then came right back again. I will keep checking. Fingers crossed.

For me the breakups occur while watching anything OTA live on the Joeys but not the Hopper. Watching OTA live on the Hopper is never a problem. Recordings always breakup even when watching on the Hopper.

For me the breakups occur while watching anything OTA live on the Joeys but not the Hopper. Watching OTA live on the Hopper is never a problem. Recordings always breakup even when watching on the Hopper.
A work around is to set an auto tune timer at the Hopper to the station you will be recording from. We've been waiting since August for a fix.

Thankfully I'm not affected by this problem but if I were I'd be reporting it to DIRT very often. Sometimes they don't fix something that isn't widespread unless a lot of noise is made. :)

A work around is to set an auto tune timer at the Hopper to the station you will be recording from. We've been waiting since August for a fix.

I did see this earlier in the thread. I'll have to try that. I haven't used auto tune for anything in years.

Just checked again and both Joeys are fine. Did a test recording and that was ok too.

Anyone else noticing that the breakups are gone?

Just checked again and both Joeys are fine. Did a test recording and that was ok too.

I don't have any right now, but I've gotten caught being premature before. It would start happening again in a day or two.

I still have the breakups on my OTA Joey2 channels. Of course the bandaid fix is to tune the Hopper3 to an OTA channel and then the Joey2 works fine when viewing an OTA channel.
I should point out that I am using the single tuner.

Recently added a dual ota adapter to my h3, no issues so far. Clear signal on wireless joeys, and dishanywhere devices. Recordings good too.

FWIW, the ota adapter has the dish logo on it. Device gets warm at best when in use.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Still seems to be ok today, at least on one Joey. Haven't fired up the other one yet. The Hopper is off right now. I have the single tuner OTA dongle.

IMO, this is one of the biggest advantages Dish has over Direct, & they can't even keep it working properly.
I watch the locals a lot..........using the TV's tuner. Sure is a pain when you want to record something ota
& it isn't fit to watch.

Reactions: pattykay

So for example, If I want to record something from 9:00-10:00 on an OTA channel, all I have to do is set an auto tune timer for just before 9:00 to that channel, and then the recording will be fine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts