U511 Software breaks control of a Remote Hopper3

Funny I got a letter in the mail from DISH saying on the envelope that they want to show their appreciation for me being a 21 year DISH customer. I'm thinking, oh they are going to offer me a free upgrade to Hopper 3!! Wrong, STARZ for $5 bucks a month. Recycle bin!! Trick play from remote Hopper is SOOOOOOOOOO painful!!! Yes and Wife still unhappy about it. These HWS have been so reliable for so long and now this, and no fix in sight. Beyond frustrating.

over the weekend, I used my wireless joey to access my secondary dvr, much to my surprise...........it operated as it should. I had skip back & skip forward. It may not work tonight, but it sure did yesterday.

over the weekend, I used my wireless joey to access my secondary dvr, much to my surprise...........it operated as it should. I had skip back & skip forward. It may not work tonight, but it sure did yesterday.

The problem is not using a Joey (wired or wireless) to access programs on a Hopper receiver. The problem is when you have 2 Hopper receivers and you are trying to control programming on the remote Hopper. This problem exists for both Hopper with Sling and Hopper3 owners that have 2 Hopper receivers.
Dish really needs to fix this.
I ranked them low in their latest survey because they broke trick play for us with multiple Hoppers.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The problem is not using a Joey (wired or wireless) to access programs on a Hopper receiver. The problem is when you have 2 Hopper receivers and you are trying to control programming on the remote Hopper. This problem exists for both Hopper with Sling and Hopper3 owners that have 2 Hopper receivers.
I ranked them low in their latest survey because they broke trick play for us with multiple Hoppers.

I know the problem as I have 2 HWS. I just expected the problem to be there on the joey.

If my Joey is connected to my LR Hopper and I navigate to MBR Hopper, the problem exists. I will have to experiment with connecting to the other Hopper instead of going through the DVR to the other Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts