U700 software for hopper with sling

Yes hopper to hopper is back!!! Yipee - back to the media room I go

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

One hitch- while playing back a recording on the other hopper the seconds continue to move but in reverse. ie pause at 49 m 23 s then it starts to back up - 24,25,26 and so on.

Not sure what it means in that I can’t tell if actually slowly rewinding. It doesn’t appear so...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Well so far I have to say unfortunately I received U700. Let me list my issues so far.

Slow as molasses, even slower than before.

Start watching a recording and can’t stop it, switch to another channel or do LiveTV it just kept running the recording. Had to pull the power plug and wait. I have had that happen twice now.

When I was not able to stop watching the recording no buttons on the remote would work. DVR, info, etc etc. pull the plug.

DVR just powered off on its own as I am typing this and I am able to function somewhat normal now.

I have two HWS and I can at least say that when I attempted to watch a recorded program on the other HWS it now worked as before in regards to pausing, FF, rewind, skip forward and backward.

So far as other people have said regarding upgrades, one step forward two steps back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the original Hopper with a Super Joey and two Joeys. U700 literally broke the Joeys. Hit them with a "Warning 981 Boot Recovery" error. Contacted Dish and they were already aware of it. I asked the agent and she said it was widespread. That was this morning. When I got home this evening, the Joeys were functioning again, so they managed to fix that issue.

They also managed to mess up the controls when using Netflix. Normally when you push the down arrow on the remote, it would show you the time remaining, right? Now, Netflix is not "isolated" and it causes you to change channels. You can also cause things to record if you're trying to exit.

This update is wretched.

Thank you, calbbs and bonnjer. If this behavior is also on the H3, I guess I’ll have to see what the current FiOS offer is. Might as well start cutting the budget now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have tried numerous times last two days and still can't force the U518 to download with the upgrade software tool in both my Hopper 3s. Never had this issue before. Just wonder if DISH has stopped the release for some reason!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts