U739

Usually it is the same features/ fixes as the Hopper 3 as by this thread

Reactions: pattykay
Usually it is the same features/ fixes as the Hopper 3 as by this thread

For that reason I suggested that, going forward, each new software sticky thread should list the current software versions of all of the Hopper models (Hopper, Hopper with Sling, Hopper 3, Hopper Duo, Wally) in the thread title. Joey software versions would be the same regardless of which model Hopper they are connected to, so those versions could be listed in the first post of each new sticky thread.

For that reason I suggested that, going forward, each new software sticky thread should list the current software versions of all of the Hopper models (Hopper, Hopper with Sling, Hopper 3, Hopper Duo, Wally) in the thread title. Joey software versions would be the same regardless of which model Hopper they are connected to, so those versions could be listed in the first post of each new sticky thread.
Didn't someone usually do this before? Sounds like a good idea if they didn't before.

Didn't someone usually do this before? Sounds like a good idea if they didn't before.
Yes and no. Usually, there would be separate threads for Hopper 3 and Hopper with Sling, with each thread being started by someone who happens to have that particular receiver model. Then later, someone would post the official software release details from Dish (listing the software versions for all of the other receivers) in one of those threads. The problem is that we have not been getting any software release details lately. So, now that we are making the new software threads sticky, it was my idea that the thread title should list the new version for all of the major receiver models, instead of focusing only on the Hopper 3. That way, we have one consolidated thread for discussing any changes made by the new software, since these changes usually affect more than just one receiver model. My idea is that anyone can start the new thread, listing the software version for their particular receiver. Then, when it is made sticky, the moderators can change the thread title to add the software versions for the other receiver models.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was really hoping this update would have fixed the issue on Hopper w/Sling whereby On Demand downloads are no longer actually recorded to DVR when selecting Watch Later. That used to be the case, and was very useful in that there was no problem with poor streaming quality and it was easy to skip forward or back on playback. Now it's just unacceptable.

I was really hoping this update would have fixed the issue on Hopper w/Sling whereby On Demand downloads are no longer actually recorded to DVR when selecting Watch Later. That used to be the case, and was very useful in that there was no problem with poor streaming quality and it was easy to skip forward or back on playback. Now it's just unacceptable.
I hear you. I used to have a bunch of On Demand movies stored on the internal hard drive of my Hopper Duo, but I lost all of those. Now, I would have to stream them to be able to watch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)