U925 on H3

I fogot to mention that this update seems to be cause a number of forum members H3's to go into constant reboot like every 15 minutes. Details on that is on another thread entitiled Hopper 3 Issues: Hopper 3 issues
It is best to report such problems on that thread, not here.

I understand your desire, but I think that would be a HUGE change software-wise, and I would count on such a big change breaking a lot of things as they are now :) However, I would love Profiles, but I sense that will never be, either.
That is a shame, since I seem to remember having Profiles on a really old standard-def Directv receiver back in the 1990's. If I remember correctly, you could customize the color scheme of the menus and guide for each user, and also customize some other settings.

That is a shame, since I seem to remember having Profiles on a really old standard-def Directv receiver back in the 1990's. If I remember correctly, you could customize the color scheme of the menus and guide for each user, and also customize some other settings.
I did not know that, although the early DirecTV STB were licensed to manufactures/brands to make and sell, and they had some differences among them, like the Sony, IIRC, had some pretty advanced features for the day. The only DVR I ever knew that had Profiles was the Sezmi OTA DVR. There were button on the remote so that one could enter (or, perhaps, begin the process of entering, as I think the Profile could be secured with a PIN) your personal Profile, 4 Profiles built-in with unique color scheme and letter designation. For a product with 16 tuners and up to 6 TV's (7 TV's is the technical limit) subsidized by Dish this is the only true multi-person household single DVR product, and it never had, and likely never will have, a default, private, and intuitive Profile feature was disappointing and odd. And, as you know, the custom folders feature is not a proper Profiles feature and is not necessarily intuitive.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts