UASLS VS DiSEqC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Vermont
Hi All,

So the system I set up a few weeks back is working great, and I am amazed by everything up there.

I have a 90cm dish, Universal LNBF, GeoSatPRO 200, and a Sadoun 280 motor.

What I have discovered is that USALS gets me on the dish, but I need to manually bump each one and lock in a position to peak. The amount I bump varies across the arc. It generally gets me from 50% to 90%Q

Do others experience the same thing?

I only use Disceq myself. I tried Usals when I put in my 30" dish about 16 months ago. Usals started out ok at my T. South sat at 85W....then as I went farther west it was off a few degrees. I stayed with Disceq and it works fine for me. Some like Usals better...Seems like a great idea just not for me. Blind

If the motor must be bumped to peak on most satellites, this usually indicates that the alignment is slightly off. This could be the motor latitude, dish mounting onto the motor or even a LNBF arm that is slightly out of the sweet focal point. You might also notice that there is play in either the motor shaft, dish mounting bracket or in the the LNBF arm. Make sure that all the hardware is snugged down and the motor tube backlash is properly tensioned.

It is not uncommon to bump on an occasional satellite, as they are constantly drifting within a 1 degree box in the arc. I find that there usually is one or two satellites that can be peaked in my set-up.

USALS calculations on the GEOSATpro receivers are extremely accurate. USALS tracking errors usually are a result of mechanical error. GEOSATpro receivers are unique in that they allow the user to overwrite the calculated position if desired and save the position in the receiver rather than in the motor as with DiSEqC 1.2 settings. If you wish to override the USALS position of a few satellites on the GEOSATpro DSR100c, DSR200c and the DVR1100c receivers, leave the motor in USALS mode, but bump and save the corrected position. This way you will not need to bump the dish each time you land on a particular satellite and these offsets are stored if you perform a channel list back-up.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I did a factory reset and used USALS and bumped the few sats that required it, then stored the new settings. Works like a charm.

I didn't realize there were so many signals on 97. went from 150 - 200+

Thanks for the input.

Another question. When I go to TP edit, and add a transponder, it does not show up on motor setup. Should it? Also, what transponder do I need to aim at for 97 to update my firmware?

Not sure how you are currently attempting to add a transponder, but here is the manual transponder input method that I would recommend.
Menu >>> Motor Setup >>> Select Satellite >>> Red Button to Edit TP >>> Green Button to Add TP >>> Enter Frequency >>> Enter Symbol Rate >>> Select Polarity >>> Search.

To OTA Update the receiver: Place the dish on satellite G19 @97W >>> Menu >>> Accessory >>> OTA >>> Update Now.
Note: It is always a good idea to perform a Factory Reset after a firmware update.

I did a factory reset and used USALS and bumped the few sats that required it, then stored the new settings. Works like a charm.

I didn't realize there were so many signals on 97. went from 150 - 200+

Thanks for the input.

Another question. When I go to TP edit, and add a transponder, it does not show up on motor setup. Should it? Also, what transponder do I need to aim at for 97 to update my firmware?

Jerry,

Are you certain that the TP does not show? In some receivers, if you add a new TP, it installs it in numerical order from lowest frequency to highest, so what is displayed on the immediate screen is just the first and lowest numercial TP in the list. You might have to scroll through the list upwards in frequency to see the one you added.

If you don't see it when scrolling through the entire list of TPs on that sat, then it didn't allow you to install it. That often happens if you already have another TP that is too close in frequency to the one you were trying to add. It will reject your request to add the new one because it thinks that you are trying to duplicate an existing TP. In cases such as this, you either need to simply EDIT the existing TP or delete it and add it back with the adjustment. I run into this scenario quite often.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)