Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't know if he'll see this thread.

I PM him with such questions.
(but not often) - :rolleyes:

Or, just dial him up on the phone.
He's a pleasure to chat with. :)

brotherhood,

Do you just want the polar mount for the 8ft dish or the whole 8ft dish with polar mount?

We will be getting Sadoun Branded 8ft Dishes with polar mounts soon. There was a delay on this due to paint issue which we will correct before releasing the product from the factory.

If you want to experiment with the polar mount we have one for the 6ft dish that you can use on your 8ft. It may work fine if you add a couple of custom supports to the mount.

brotherhood,

I just looked at the polar mount bracket for you again. I think the one we have for the Sadoun SD180P should work fine on your Fortec 8ft dish. (It will also work fine on the Fortec 6ft ground mounted stationary dishes out there as well.)

P1020984.JPG

There are some more pictures here:
SP180: Replacement Polar Mounts Sadoun 180CM Prime focus Satellite Dish

Yep I've got my 8 foot dish on that same mount...after my recent switch to the larger panels. It's mounted to a two inch thick concrete top, from an old round picnic table.
Doing good so far...Blind

I was thinking about converting my Fortec FS6D to a polar mount. The pole I have setup has 3.5" OD. Any of those sizes available?

What is the I.D. of your post? If it is 3" or slightly bigger, you can insert a 3" OD pipe in it and secure it with 2 or 4 bolts by drilling holes through the pipes. Then install the polar mount.

If you are in Canada the Fortec 240cm with polar mount is available, shipping from the USA for that would probably be pretty expensive. Friend of mine has the 180cm model he seems happy with it, I told him to get a 10' but his wife said hell no! hahaha

I had the six and it got 90% of whats was up there. I now have the 8 footer and get 99% of whats there. Can't lock RTN/RTV on 87W everything else seems good. I kept hearing bigger is better....Guess those with their 10-12 footers know best....Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)