Ubuntu 10.4 and Youtube

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Since Father's Day i have been the proud owner of an HP Mini 311 set up as a dual boot Windows 7/Ubuntu 10.04 machine. I am a noob to the Linux World and I have actually enjoyed learning Linux but I ave one problem I cant get around. I do not seem to be able to get Youtube to work in chromium or Firefox or even using the Mini tube app. It just freezes up.

It works fine in Windows and all of my plugins work in Linux.

Any educated guesses?

Last edited:
Don't look at utube much, is the video they show in Flash? If so, you may need to be sure the flashplayer plugin is installed in your web browser. Google "flashplayer-plugin test" and see if the test will display on your browser.

Don't look at utube much, is the video they show in Flash? If so, you may need to be sure the flashplayer plugin is installed in your web browser. Google "flashplayer-plugin test" and see if the test will display on your browser.

All plugins test out as working. Toutube itself uses flash. The minitube linux app does not.

I never did get minitube to work properly but I think that is because the installer package does not auto install all the required packages. Others have had the same problem and the suggested fixes did not work for me---or many others.

I did however get Youtube to work inside a browser. That was not really what I was going for but it may be as close as I will get.

Thanks to all that tried to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts