UCONN Coach Edsall Leaving for maryland

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Edsall called Maryland a "Dream" job ....

I'd say he needs to upgrade his Dreams !

In my opinion, if he wanted to leave so badly, he could have went to a higher school.
Personally, after what he's built in Connecticut, you would think that THAT job would be the better job for him.
To me Maryland is a step up, but only a small step.

"What really brought things home is that Randy is not just another football coach," first-year athletic director Kevin Anderson said Monday. "There was no one -- no one -- who came forward and said, 'I want to be the head football coach at Maryland and that's my dream job' but Randy Edsall."

Edsall called Maryland a "Dream" job ....

I'd say he needs to upgrade his Dreams !

In my opinion, if he wanted to leave so badly, he could have went to a higher school.
Personally, after what he's built in Connecticut, you would think that THAT job would be the better job for him.
To me Maryland is a step up, but only a small step.

"What really brought things home is that Randy is not just another football coach," first-year athletic director Kevin Anderson said Monday. "There was no one -- no one -- who came forward and said, 'I want to be the head football coach at Maryland and that's my dream job' but Randy Edsall."
Well, he did grow up in Glen Rock (about 5 miles South of me, and 5 miles north of the Maryland line), so Maryland-College Park is actually the closet Div-1 team. There are a lot of Terp (along with Raven) fans in Southern York County. So he could easily have grown up a Terp fan.

Well, he did grow up in Glen Rock (about 5 miles South of me, and 5 miles north of the Maryland line), so Maryland-College Park is actually the closet Div-1 team. There are a lot of Terp (along with Raven) fans in Southern York County. So he could easily have grown up a Terp fan.

That was something else I had been wondering if he had ties to Maryland or home as you mentioned that would have drawn him there.

Many Maryland fans, myself include, view this as a lateral step from Friedgen, with the only difference being 20 years younger. I have been a member of the Terrapin Club for 25 years and a season ticket holder for many of them. The way this situation has been handled from the beginning has turned many of us and our wallets off. Edsall is coming into a fan base that is very upset and has a tough job on his hands making them want to get involved again. Having said that, I watched his press conference yesterday afternoon, and was very impressed.I wish him the best of luck, but I will sit back and wait before I spend any money.

I've lived in the Washington, metro market for fifteen years now, and I don't perceive boosterism to be as strong here as it is at other big universities. They are cold towards basketball coach Gary Williams, who brought them a national championship but who doesn't cut enough corners to please the hypocrites who want a clean program, sort of. They still are stigmatized by the Len Bias debacle of over two decades ago.

Q: What do you get when you win the "Big" East?
A: You get out.

10 - UConn / Edsall moves up to Maryland
09 & 08 - Cincinnati / Kelly moves up to Notre Dame, goes 8-5 versus a cupcake schedule
07 & 05 - WVU - Rodriquez moves up to Michigan, fails, currently out of work
06 - Louisville - Petrino moves up to the NFL, fails, currently at Arkansas
04 - Pitt / Harris moves up to Stanford, fails, currently retired

Memo to ADs: need to fish elsewhere. Being the big fish in that smallest of ponds does not translate to the Big Time.

SamCdbs said:
Q: What do you get when you win the "Big" East?
A: You get out.

10 - UConn / Edsall moves up to Maryland
09 & 08 - Cincinnati / Kelly moves up to Notre Dame, goes 8-5 versus a cupcake schedule
07 & 05 - WVU - Rodriquez moves up to Michigan, fails, currently out of work
06 - Louisville - Petrino moves up to the NFL, fails, currently at Arkansas
04 - Pitt / Harris moves up to Stanford, fails, currently retired

Memo to ADs: need to fish elsewhere. Being the big fish in that smallest of ponds does not translate to the Big Time.

Excellent recent history Sam ... and excellent point of big fish :)

Moving from the 3rd favorite coach on campus to the 1st. Perfectly logical.
Well, football is definitely the 2nd sport at UMD. I guess moving from 3rd favorite to 2nd favorite is a move up. Perhaps after a good year or two he can move further south and actually coach at a football school :)

Well, football is definitely the 2nd sport at UMD. I guess moving from 3rd favorite to 2nd favorite is a move up. Perhaps after a good year or two he can move further south and actually coach at a football school :)
perhaps, but I don't think so.
Typically when coached finally get a chance to coach at their hometown school, they tend to stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts