UHD Sound problem

larrylwill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I was watching a movie on UHD tonight and the sound was anywhere from a few milliseconds to 1 second behind the picture. The next movie was the same way. Is this a normal occurrence?

I'm starting to think that this is indeed normal for UHD. Unfortunately I've been noticing this more and more frequently. I find it very distracting. To anyone at UHD who may read this, here is how I solve the problem : I change the channel.

I've noticed it on Billy Madison. I think the shows (in Dolby Digital) are ok, but the movies in ProLogic have the sound problems.

-John

Is UHD the only station with the problem?
I've only had Voom for a couple of days.

So, is this problem only with Voom? I know D* has UHD as well. Do they also have the sync problems.

The Van Damn movie last night was unwatchable because of the significant delay in sound.

-John

Ok, I sent UHD an email. Like its going to do any good. UHD will just end up being another HD channel I don't watch. Too bad, they do have some good content now.

-John

The PQ on UHD has been very good, no skeeters, I hope they fix the sound sync soon, this is becoming one of my favorites.

Yes, i have this pblm also. Some shows are off by 1/2 second, but some i have tried to watch are off by as much as 2 seconds (which makes them unwatchable IMHO). The strange thing is if i unplug the VOOM STB for 5 minutes and then plug it back in, one time this fixed the sync problem, and other times it seemed to change it from 2 seconds to 1/2 second, so this may be a VOOM pblm as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts