uhf antenna recommendations

BTW, I'm receiving 2 stations that never drop out, at over 100 miles away.

I have read great reviews on the XG-91 and when I was in the market for a uhf antenna they were upwards of $100.I ended up getting a philips 4 bay for like $30 and an antennacraft preamp.Get most Charlotte locals and a couple of Greensboro stations.What channels you get dahenny?Also are you pretty high in elevation?

I can't get ANY TN stations, even though the towers are only 15 miles away (Stone mtn is right behind me, blocking). I'm at 3600 ft, but have a good view of the east towards Greensboro. The two stations I get best are 20 (wcwg) and 26 (pbs). I get a great signal on 17 (pbs) as well, when I point south. Channels that I get a good deal of the time, but are not consistent, are, 2 (cbs), 43 (religeous), and 45 (abc). Occasionally I get 48 and 8. All but channel 17 are in the Greensboro mkt. I have to add also, that I use a channel master signal amp/splitter behind the TV. I don't know what model it is, but it feeds two TV's. I'd love to get Charlotte, but Grandfather mtn. is between me and them.

I can't get ANY TN stations, even though the towers are only 15 miles away (Stone mtn is right behind me, blocking). I'm at 3600 ft, but have a good view of the east towards Greensboro. The two stations I get best are 20 (wcwg) and 26 (pbs). I get a great signal on 17 (pbs) as well, when I point south. Channels that I get a good deal of the time, but are not consistent, are, 2 (cbs), 43 (religeous), and 45 (abc). Occasionally I get 48 and 8. All but channel 17 are in the Greensboro mkt. I have to add also, that I use a channel master signal amp/splitter behind the TV. I don't know what model it is, but it feeds two TV's. I'd love to get Charlotte, but Grandfather mtn. is between me and them.

We sit at roughly 3900 feet and have good los to east and south but,the Grassy Ridge Bald blocks Tri Cities TN.Although I would like to try a VHF antenna for WCYB and WJHL.We get channel 2 Greensboro sometimes.20 wcwg is very solid as is 45,48 is spotty.Before the digital transition channel 8 was very reliable here.Very hit or miss now since they moved to 35 uhf.17 comes in with a coat hanger lol.May have to try that 91-xg to see if it improves the uhf signals.I forgot to mention that prior to the 4bay I had tried a channel master 8 bay and honestly the 4bay was every bit as good so I ended up selling the 8 bay.

Don't mean to jack your thread gpollock...Based on dahenny's advice and what I have read the 91 xg would probably be a good choice for you.You would probably also need a good preamp.

We sit at roughly 3900 feet and have good los to east and south but,the Grassy Ridge Bald blocks Tri Cities TN.Although I would like to try a VHF antenna for WCYB and WJHL.We get channel 2 Greensboro sometimes.20 wcwg is very solid as is 45,48 is spotty.Before the digital transition channel 8 was very reliable here.Very hit or miss now since they moved to 35 uhf.17 comes in with a coat hanger lol.May have to try that 91-xg to see if it improves the uhf signals.I forgot to mention that prior to the 4bay I had tried a channel master 8 bay and honestly the 4bay was every bit as good so I ended up selling the 8 bay.

Don't mean to jack your thread gpollock...Based on dahenny's advice and what I have read the 91 xg would probably be a good choice for you.You would probably also need a good preamp.
its no problem ;) i already have a pre-amp. i am looking to pickup memphis,tn stations which are 70 miles southwest of me

ok, it came today but one of the elements has started to come away from the antenna itself. looks like it got bent somehow and only part of it is still connected. what can i secure it with and how will this effect the antennas performance?

ok, it came today but one of the elements has started to come away from the antenna itself. looks like it got bent somehow and only part of it is still connected. what can i secure it with and how will this effect the antennas performance?

You may be able to make a hole in the element and attach it to the boom with a sheet metal screw.Shouldn't effect the reception.That said I would be pretty po'd and would ask for a replacement or a refund.

You may be able to make a hole in the element and attach it to the boom with a sheet metal screw.Shouldn't effect the reception.That said I would be pretty po'd and would ask for a replacement or a refund.
ok. yeah, i was upset when the box came and looked like it had been through a tornado. you know whats funny though? i was getting this antenna to try and get me-tv and it was announced today that WBBJ (jackson,tn station) will have me-tv starting january 1st. hopefully i will be able to get antenna tv out of memphis though as well.

and it was announced today that WBBJ (jackson,tn station) will have me-tv starting january 1st.

and CBS too

CBS and Bahakel Communications have announced an agreement to air CBS programming on a subchannel of WBBJ, the Bahakel-owned ABC-affiliate in Jackson, TN, beginning early next year. The station was previously a CBS affiliate from 1955-68.

“WBBJ signed on in 1955 as a CBS affiliate, so this new agreement is both a ‘return engagement’ and a welcome opportunity to expand our partnership with the seasoned broadcast executives at Bahakel Communications,” Diana Wilkin, president of CBS affiliate relations, said in a statement.

CBS programming — including national newscasts, entertainment and sports — will air on channel 7.3 in the market.

“This addition will give WBBJ-TV viewers more programming choices,” a statement on the station’s website reads. “Now our viewers will have both ABC and CBS.”