Ultra Mess

I love my AZBox but to say the current firmware is really good isn't supported by the multiple threads in this very forum discussing bugs and misc work arounds. Its great hardware but the software isn't currently on the same level.

I wouldn't recommend the E2 at all. It just not for the Ultra. Doesn't have HDMI and altogether too limited.
Keep in mind that this is still "Alpha" Firmware, very early in testing.
HDMI worked on my Elite, but the TV being used needs to be able to handle 720 / 50Hz at boot. There is a command line that can be edited via FTP to set the default resolution.

Overall, the current firmware in the AZBoxes is really good. At this point, I see no issues, other than the really slow blindscans.
The blindscans I have been doing after I re-did every satellite listing in the box has increased in speed. Coupled with the fact that before I allow it to scan I make sure that the Minimum Frequency is changed for C-band to 3700.
On ku I change the Maximum Frequency settings to 12200.

Again we call it a quirk in the receiver but this was not designed for us.
So until someone over on this side of the pond does some program changes to find where those setting are made and can get them changed permanently in the receiver most people will feel the blind-scans are slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)