Ultra not storing Sat positions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcb287

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Ohio
I have a Viewsat Ultra that stores Sat positions fine in the User,Installer and Usal menu just fine except for Anik F1R and AMC 6. Anyone else run into this? I'm using Firmware 1.32.

Did it work with earlier firmware version? What version did your rec come loaded with? I have some of the previous files on my hard drive, I could email you if you want to try. They've been really slow about updating the firmware for the Ultra. I don't use a 2100 type motor to move my dish, so that part of their firmware hasn't bothered me. Getting the AC-3 sound to work has been my biggest gripe with the factory firmware lol.

I have not seen any model Viewsat that has good motor control.

I guess motor control is not a priorty at Viewsat.

RVD420, I have a Viewsat Extreme 2000 and it works okay for motor control, has had a few hiccups, but by far my biggest gripe with this Receiver is the incomplete Satellite List. Re motor control, not sure about the Ultra but on the Extreme, it works on a C / Ku Band Dish if you go into "Installer", on a Fortec Dish you need to go to "Usals" for motor setup and control. Hope this helps.

Did it work with earlier firmware version? What version did your rec come loaded with? I have some of the previous files on my hard drive, I could email you if you want to try. They've been really slow about updating the firmware for the Ultra. I don't use a 2100 type motor to move my dish, so that part of their firmware hasn't bothered me. Getting the AC-3 sound to work has been my biggest gripe with the factory firmware lol.

Thanks turbosat,
I think when I purchased mine it had Version 119 on it. Anyway,its been hooked to a DirecPC dish pointed at G18 for years,and just within the last month its been behind my 8.5' BUD. I'm using a GBOX to control the actuator and so far everything has been good except those 2 sats.I cant save the position on them in User,Installer or Usals. I might try an older firmware version and see if that helps.

I have not seen any model Viewsat that has good motor control.

I guess motor control is not a priorty at Viewsat.

Thanks RVD420,
The Ultra with the GBOX has been parking the dish in perfect alignment on the other sats I have stored except for the 2 mentioned.

I use a Viewsat Ultra with file 132 and 2100 motor. Everything perfect. Unlike what RVD420 says??. Have a Coolsat 5000 for a back up if I needed it, but there was no need as the Viewsat has been perfect for me.:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)