Umm am i doing something wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hi guys ! im back and wanting to mess with my dish again XD gal 19 is kinda lame anymore unless you know abric or want to watch religion all day .... both dont go far with me .. right now im considering the challenge of aiming at "the big fish" to see if i can hit it. I know a guy that does metal scraping and talked to him, hes going to get me some dishes if he can find them. I told him 2 of the Oval Direct tv ones would be fun to mess with to, and im getting them for a great price ( 5 bucks) so i thought it might be fun to play with, but hes on the hunt for any dish those Oval dishes and bigger. what yall think? gal 19 lost the interest for me to the point i havent even turned on the sat box =( ... i wanted to ask this as well.. are there any FTA Sats out there thats not listed on sights like dish pointer? or what you see is what you get ? Chime in guys would love to hear from ya !

BTW - big fish is 30W so is this the right sat ? -- Name: 30W HISPASAT 1D | HISPASAT 1E | SPAINSAT

Yes you're right that's what I call it at 30w depending on your location that slimline might not be the best dish I went up to a 1 meter on mine setup and got everything. I got about half the channels on my dtv slimline. just take time working on it.

thanks for the reply ! =D I think if i go for the big fish im going to use my large dish for it, but that guy called me and he got me 3 of the oval dishes for Dtv already and said hell take 10 bucks for all 3, so im going to go pickem up one of these days and mess with them somemore, and i was looking at Cban on the dishes ( my 38 inch *i think it is*) but i noticed the cban Lnbs cost way more than KU bans, would it be worth it to grab one and use a multi (2) on the 38 inch dish? i noticed some of the better channels seem to be on Cban though. Anything to add guys ?

welp. ive seen plenty of pics of 40 inch dishes with C bans on them, and earlyer in my post if i got one of those big dishes ide have to roof mount it and i own a trailer but thinking about it there is a place in my yard i could put it ...maybe .. and to be honest ive looked up channel listings for a lot of sates around here ... not a huge basis of things to watch sadly.. im really doing all this for hobby and a learning factor.. wish i could us the dishes to start searching for E.T. personaly XD .. but yeah just doing it for More things to watch in a mix with my Sling tv Blue package, and a mix of streaming on websights to my Tv and Roku 3, with netflix and Hulu and OTA, but OTA dont work to great in my area. But i did see one of the sats have Metv, i wouldent mind getting that but i believe it was C ban. I do get Metv OTA but it has its days of skipping out badly =/

btw thanks for the replys =D, really im just going to group some dishes and get all the english channels i can i guess. But it will be fun to do so and make my house look more like a mad scientist lives here. with my 4 anntennas and dish its coming along nicely...LOL, I have a TV Ota 4 bay bowtye for Tv, a bi-pole for my Weather Noaa Radio, and a powered Hdtv Vhf/Uhf and a Homemade Discone for SDR. and soon 3 more dishes LOL.

Try 72 inches for a start. Though within the first two weeks, I'll bet money you'll wish you had started with a 120 inch dish right from the start...

OK whats the difference? Not to sound stupid or anything but if i got one of those big dishes and say pointed it at G 19.. whats the diffrence? besides getting C ban channels? Ive read the big dishes can get multiple Sats but what eles ? And the big dish cant get Ku ban can it? You just have me interested now about the subject, please advise ??

It's "BAND" not "BAN".

The difference between 72 inches (6ft dish) and 120 inches (10ft dish), is 4 feet. But that's not all. The larger dish will focus tighter, usually less than 2 degrees. Which means that since satellites are spaced 2 degrees apart, it can focus better with a higher signal level on a specific satellite. That's so you don't get interference from sats to either side of your aim.

C band dishes are larger, because the signal levels are LOWER, and you need a larger dish to capture enough of a signal to decode.

YES, most later c band dishes can also get KU, if they have c and ku lnb's.

Reactions: KennyR
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts