Unable to change channels on Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
I have a two hopper one Joey setup and I've recently been unable to change the channel on the Joey. Unfortunately, all I get is a black screen when tuning to a new channel. I can power off the Joey and get the tuned channel to display a picture, but the screen goes black when trying to change it again. The only way to get the channel to display a picture is to power off the Joey. I've tried unlinking the Joey to no avail. Any suggestions?

Doesn't seem to long. Any advice from you retailers? Outside of maybe checking what type of cable(not even sure rg6 is needed for a super Joey), is there anything else he can do?

Same issue for me from super joey.
I get freeze or studer when I change channel too.
Then I'll change channel and no pic or sound but can hit select and see the channel has changed. I have to reboot Hopper to set it straight.
My run is only 50-60ft or so.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Super joey needs cable rated for ATLEAST 2250 megahertz. But i believe the OP means he has a regular joey. Might be the solo node as thats whats allowing communication between the whole system. Also make sure there is a blue barrel behind the hopper. Thats the 1st thing i check for

Super joey needs cable rated for ATLEAST 2250 megahertz. But i believe the OP means he has a regular joey. Might be the solo node as thats whats allowing communication between the whole system. Also make sure there is a blue barrel behind the hopper. Thats the 1st thing i check for

I do have a regular Joey, will check the coax barrel at Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)