Unable to get a DC lock with a DSR922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Frijid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Utah
I picked up a DSR922 the other day with EC Firmware that was manufactured in 2001. I was surprised to see that it hadn't lost it's ID.

I did and auth reset option 67780 to clear the 4160 EMM and now EMM shows 0. I dumped the NVRAM and put the latest maps on.
All the analog channels come in fine. TDT 1101

I disconnected my DSR920 from the working setup and hooked up the DSR922. I made sure that the settings were LNBF and rotated 90 to match the 920.
Any DC channel I go to, the DC light will flicker or not come on at all. I am unable to get a steady lock. I've tried the music channels on G5, JCTV on G7 and the DMX channels on X4.

Setup consists of:
Dual C LNBF --> Zinwell SAM-4803 on 0 Khz --> 4DTV IRD

Does anyone have a cached copy of /~alanjudd/922cap.htm from pacificsites.com? The link on /threads/213343-dsr-922-fix-for-DC-lock-problems!!! talks about what caps to replace, but is not available.

I measured the voltage of the caps around the voltage regulators and they are 5v with one being 3.3v.

Does this sound like bad caps, something in the tuner or is there something else I should investigate? I'd like to get a plan of attack before I start blindly replacing parts.

Thanks!

Since you were doing an EMM reset to another provider EMM, the receiver is waiting for a trip counter hit to the receiver so it tunes to their signal, that is what the receiver is looking for.
Call SRL for an authorization reset and time zone reset,
or you can email your nvram to us and we can place the EMM back in on your Diag A screen then at the appropriate time you can contact HTH to reset your clock and be ready to order some programming on it.

I hope you replaced the battery before you decided to redo your maps since redoing the mappings does require you to unplug the receiver a couple times during the procedure.

The EMM provider number is also reset back to "0" when one does a master reset.
The proper way for consumers to get the proper EMM back in working receivers with a good unit id's is to call the provider to have an authorization reset. This may also require you to order some programming but then you can get the guide turned on and the time set for your area in the process.

While the EMM is at "0" ,(on diag screen A), the receiver will not lock onto DC2 signals since it does not know what provider it is supposed to have, it does not necessarily mean you have bad caps in this case.

Thanks for the quick response.

I worked with websams yesterday. They sent multiple hits as well as requested I do an emm clear. After all of this, the IRD will not take a hit. The trip counter still is not incrementing. I even used manual tuning using the IF for style without getting a lock.

If we put the right emm in and it still doesn't work, would you look at the caps.and possibly the tuner? In researching the issue, I have not found a lot of information.

Does the 922 behave differently than a 920 when it comes.to getting a DC lock? My 920 with a bad ID locked on to X4 using the G9 tile. X4 now shows up in the satellite list.

Thanks for the quick response.

I worked with websams yesterday. They sent multiple hits as well as requested I do an emm clear. After all of this, the IRD will not take a hit. The trip counter still is not incrementing. I even used manual tuning using the IF for style without getting a lock.

If we put the right emm in and it still doesn't work, would you look at the caps.and possibly the tuner? In researching the issue, I have not found a lot of information.

Does the 922 behave differently than a 920 when it comes.to getting a DC lock? My 920 with a bad ID locked on to X4 using the G9 tile. X4 now shows up in the satellite list.

If you have a good unit id number on the 922 receiver then I suggest you contact ATS Electronics if the receiver needs repaired and let them know it is not taking any update hits to the receiver.

I had one of my receivers which received analog signals fine but no DC2.
ATS Electronics was able to fix it up for me since it was something in the tuner that went out.
I believe I understand now why you could not get a trip counter hit to the receiver as it needs to have a DC2 lock for that to happen and since you do not have that DC2 lock
then no hits can be received by the receiver.
Once they repaired the part on my receiver I had no problems afterward.

If you have an oscilloscope or know someone who does;
there is a row of small electrolytic caps along the left side of the tuner(looking from the front).Probe the + lead of each one till you find AC noise and replace the cap.On one of (no longer) my 922's it was the second or third one from the front.
Had the same symptoms you describe,no DC lock,analog was fine.
You will have to remove the mother board to replace the cap/caps,so check the battery first and unless it's been replaced recently,put a new bat in while you have it all apart.
Or ATS.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)