Unable to renew my Orby service

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Here is the email I sent to Orby today - haven't heard back yet.

I originally setup my account by phone. I was asked if I wanted it to auto renew. I choose to re-up each month. The Customer Service Representative told me that I would receive an email before the end of each month of service.
My service expired today - no email. I went into my account - it sent me to an activation routine - it had the last four digits of my credit card so I proceeded - it error-ed out (see attached PDF of the screen). So I started over and after entering my SIM number and updating my credit card - I received the same message. So what to do now?

Bob

Attachments

• OrbyTV problem screen.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 379
I tried the phone the other day - told them I couldn't reach my account details - they said that would all clear up when I got the email notification......

Not saying this is happening with several customers, but if this is not an isolated incident, they are going to have quite a few dissatisfied customers. I doubt they’re in a position to lose any. If they don’t get situations such as this sorted, I wouldn’t get too used to their service, because I doubt it will be around very long.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Not saying this is happening with several customers, but if this is not an isolated incident, they are going to have quite a few dissatisfied customers.
What do you suppose is the percentage of month-to-month customers?

I wouldn't be surprised if Wescopc's account was their first to expire.

Mine expires 26th I’ll see if I get the same error.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Well - I never heard back from my email....Soooo I called this morning. She asked me to check my TV screen, I did and everything was working.
LO & BEHOLD they had charged my credit card!
I told them that I had never received an email. So my case has been escalated to her boss and the owners. They are to call me back.....
Bob

Got a telephone message today - saying that because I have (had) a credit - nothing charged to my credit card? So for some reason I have an additional month for free. We see what happens next month.
Bob

Reactions: Titanium
Got a telephone message today - saying that because I have (had) a credit - nothing charged to my credit card? So for some reason I have an additional month for free. We see what happens next month.
Bob
Well that is interesting, maybe the BOSS did that because of your issues??
Yes, let us know next month.

Sweet!!!

I got a free month as well.

Autopay was on pause. Still getting channels and website says paid up till almost end of March.

Thank you orbytv

What am I? Chopped liver? LOL!!! :sobstory

Autopay worked on my account. Account is paid up through March 22, 2019.
If you were in the DISH forum they would be saying call to cancel to get sent to retentions. :D

Titanium and Wallyhts - how do you view your account status? When I sign in I am sent to the setup pages - asking for my SIM number and the room it is installed in. I can click on the icon in the upper right corner of the screen and see my name, email, phone number and address.
But nothing about my service or billing. Are you signing in using the on screen "app". I am using a Chromebook so there is no "on screen" icon.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)