Unable to transfer some shows to external drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I have been attempting to transfer recordings on our Hopper to an external HDD and a few of them won't transfer. I do get this helpful error message:

The transfer completed with errors
(Watch TV) (Stop)

No error # in the window's title bar like most menus that Dish has. A few things:

- It did not complete at all. The message implies maybe some shows transferred while others did not but that's not the case.
- Dozens of other programs have transferred okay
- The external HDD is 49% full (Transfer screen says 233 GB is available on the external HDD)
- Shows in question are The Big Bang Theory (9), Kevin Can Wait (3), and Nova (1)

I know that PTAT often caused problems with trying to transfer recordings done within the 'window' that PTAT saves episodes but mine includes episodes from weeks ago. Nova shouldn't be impacted anyway as it's from PBS. Nonetheless, I turned PTAT off and not sure it's necessary anyway because I don't have satellite locals. These were recorded OTA.

This is a Hopper with Sling (with the Carbon interface), by the way. Other OTA recordings transferred okay though.

I' ve had the HWS / CUI for about 2 weeks now and I noticed this too. I had set up a timer for a program during prime time not realizing that the installation of the CUI had turned on PTAT by default. I could not transfer that program over to the external drive. I got the same non-descript error message as Hall did.

I don't know if it has something to do with the fact I had a specific timer set up for it on & it was overriden by the PTAT system???

The program plays back fine, it is not corrupted.

Very annoying, unpredictable behavior.

Reactions: navychop
I am having this same problem. I was already thinking that maybe these recordings were partially corrupted (I can still play them, but cannot transfer them to my external hard drive). I transferred a few HUNDRED recordings successfully. But I have 11 files remaining that will not transfer. I was hoping there was a diagnostic tool for checking the integrity of the hard drive in my Hopper 3 box. But I haven't found one. It just tells me my hard drive is okay.

I called Dish and talked to a couple of different support technicians. They seemed to agree that these recordings probably have some corruption in them, and that's probably why I cannot transfer them.

I am just letting these recordings go. None of them are important.

I am having this same problem. I was already thinking that maybe these recordings were partially corrupted (I can still play them, but cannot transfer them to my external hard drive). I transferred a few HUNDRED recordings successfully. But I have 11 files remaining that will not transfer. I was hoping there was a diagnostic tool for checking the integrity of the hard drive in my Hopper 3 box. But I haven't found one. It just tells me my hard drive is okay.

I called Dish and talked to a couple of different support technicians. They seemed to agree that these recordings probably have some corruption in them, and that's probably why I cannot transfer them.

I am just letting these recordings go. None of them are important.
Nice! 5 yr old rehash!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Recordings in PTAT cannot be transferred to your EHD until you save them to your hard drive.

IIRC PTAT is a seperate partition on the internal drive and cannot be moved to EHD.

I don't think the Hopper 3 will record a program already associated with and thusly scheduled to be recorded by PTAT.

Also, it looks like scheduling a recording that can covered by PTAT turns PTAT on if it is not already on (speculation).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)