Unhappy with Invacom SNH-031 LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Tonight I installed my new Invacom SNH-031 0.3dB LNBF and am disapointed. As you can see in the attached spreadsheet my old DMS International 0.5dB dual LNBF performed just as well if not better on some channels. In the process I have even lost the Amazonas channels.

I installed the Invacom LNBF with the "F" connector facing down and the "0" aligned straight. Why haven't I seen a great improvement? Why have I lost the Amazonas channels and have no signal on that satellite?

I am using a Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver along with a CM 1.2m dish.

I started to enter the satellite data with a single LNB, LO of 10600 and 22K on as Iceberg had suggested. However since 10600 is not a preset option and had to be manually entered in the Coolsat 4000 Pro, I simply selected Universal and 22K selected as auto. This however will result in longer scan times.

I may just go back to the DMS International 0.5dB if I can't improve the Invacom performance.

Attachments

• SatelliteSignals.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 294
Yeap, That's the main reason why I sold mine a few months ago. IMHO Total POS.

Guys did you both use it on a 1 meter or 1.2 meter Primestar/Channel Master dish ? I didn't have any luck at all trying one day for a few hours using a 1 meter primestar dish with my SNF-031(120 cm flange). But with my 40 x 30 I have gotten in the 90's on G10, IA5, Hispasat, etc. . I wonder if there is some basic reason for this? Mike

I used it on my 90cm dish and it worked good. I upgraded to the QPH-031 a week or so ago to get a few more channels.

Yes Mike I am using it on my Channel Master 1.2m dish. I have some smaller dishes I may try it on.

I just performed a detailed blind scan on Galaxy 11 setup as an universal LNBF and it took an hour. It did pickup DBS (scrambled) channels on that satellite due to its wider frequency range. I want to try Echostar 7 to see if it receives the Miami local channels even if it is a linear polarization and not circular.

I was just expecting great results after reading all the good reviews on this LNBF. Maybe I was expecting too much and my current 0.5dB was actually better than I had thought.

The reason it took so long is because if you set it to Universal it has to scan from 10.7-12.75 mhz.

If you change it to 10600 (you can manually type it in) and turn the 22k ON it will skip the 10.7-11.699999 area

I had one too and the reason it didnt work really good for me is because the back end was too heavy, which made the LNB tilt upward. I use the quad (QPH031) and it works better than the DMSI .5

Another thign to remember is the Coolsat's meter isnt the best. It maxes at 83 and minimum is 63.

I find that the Invacom low noise LNB's REALLY come into their own with the weaker signals and feeds out there. I started getting channels/satellites I had NEVER seen before when I started using them!

FANTASTIC products! IMO

It did increase the signal strength on weaker channels like "The Star Network" and some of the "PBS" channels. I might just play around with it a bit.

I will also change the LO to 1600 and turn on the 22K to get faster scans.

Like Iceberg said, the Coolsat signal meter isn't the greatest.

Thank you guys for your comments and suggestions.

PopcornNMore said:
Like Iceberg said, the Coolsat signal meter isn't the greatest.

Thank you guys for your comments and suggestions.

You should look at the Satlook range of meters if you can afford one, the Satlook Micro+ is very good for it's value.

Don't know if you got them in your country...

when i put mine on i had to reblind scan each sat. most every channel changed just a bit. Thought it was a peice of crap but after rescanning everything went up on quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)