Unique Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GoWulfpack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
I'm seriously considering a switch over to DirectTV from Dish Network in August.

My inlaws have a Direct TV dish and receiver in their attic. It is two years old and they kept it after switching to cable. Here is my question. Because I love to tailgate at various sporting events, if I signed up for Direct TV would I be able to take that spare Dish and receiver with me for tailgating? What all is involved in order to do so?

Thanks in advance.

WELCOME!

Yes that came be done. After you get your new account all setup; you will need to add that old receiver to the account. depending on how old it is, you will likely need a new access card for it. As you know you will need your additional dish; a 18" standard round for satellite 101w will usually do fine; and a tripod. Having a good heading compass would be smart as well, $12 at Wal-Mart or hunting store. Everyone should have 2 or 3 of these anyway for their cars and toolbox.

I think there is a large thread here somewhere detailing the "tailgating" process. Someone should point it out if they know where.

Attachments

• mapcompass1.jpg
    mapcompass1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for the reply.

So instead of activating the spare receiver, could I just carry one that I would otherwise have in a bedroom and hook it up to the spare dish?? I ask because I wouldnt want to pay a monthly fee for the spare receiver if I only use it 10 weekends a year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)