Universal LNB setup.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

geek

Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
BC, Canada
I'm trying to get PBS on AMC 3.

I'm using a Skystar 2 with an 80cm dish (33") I installed a circular LNB and I can get 100% signal strength on Nimiq 1 at 91W. By my calculations AMC is 2deg down and 4deg E of Nimiq 1. I changed the LNB to a universal linear re-pointed the dish and get nothing. I fired up the tuning app that comes with SS2 put in freq 12110Mhz H with SR 14025 and try to scan a bit. Nothing.

I noticed that there are degree marks on the LNB mount. Do linear LNBs need to be aligned? I tried rotating the LNB clockwise about 30deg but the markings only go up to 20deg so it was a guess. How acurate does it need to be?

The LNB is a GKF-668. It came with the dish. I'm using LOF1 = 9750 LOF2 = 10600 LOFSW = 10700 which is the default from My Theatre for AMC3

I'm at 124.5W 49.5N

Success

I used the circular LNB to tune into the audio channels on Nimiq 1. I left the dish pointing at 91 deg, replaced the LNB with a linear one and set the skew. Only 30% signal but I know the LNB is working. Moved the dish towards 87 and I'm now watching PBS.

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Well done!
I would keep trying different skew positions to see if you can get some more signal quality. But DVB cards always seem to have lower signal quality levels. As long as you are getting the FTA channels thats the main thing.

Nice to have you here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)