universal remote question DTV model 11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ehamp

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Hello,

We just received two DTV model 11 recievers for our house. We also got the universal remotes. My question is this, after programing both remotes we are unable to utilize the directional arrow keys while watching a program to scroll through other channels, while still maintaining a full screen. The instructions indicate that the "blue" button on the universal remote will activate a mini menu, but I can not seem to get it to work.

Our old receiver allowed us to press the SELECT button and a small mini menu would appear in the corner with 9 of our favorite channels for quick ease in selecting one. Am I now forced to go to guide and then scroll though the favorites I have pre-selected for custom set-up?

Is this feature not available on the D-11 model? Small and useless user guide indicates this may be the case.

We also have a harmony remote...spent the time to program in the new sat receivers and the feature does not work on that either.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
You might need to manually program the buttons using the learn function on your remotes.

I had to do that with my DirecTivo as my Denon remote didn't allow for the use of several button as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts