universal remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cwil58

Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Can you program a universal remote to operate the reciever? I purchased one and it will not work, I can get it to work all my other devices but not the reciever.

If it has a preset code, yes, if it doesn't, and it isn't learning or conmputer programmable remote, no. What is the brand and model # of the universal remote?

Can you program a universal remote to operate the reciever? I purchased one and it will not work, I can get it to work all my other devices but not the reciever.

I would suggest you purchase a remote from DirecTV so you will have access to all the functions on your receiver.DirecTV has them all,a backlight remote with RF is the one I would recommend,But DirecTV also has a Big Button basic
backlight remote.Good Luck!.:) :welcome

I second the directv remote, RC64. I programmed it this last weekend for my Sharp LCD, Samsung blu ray, and Toshiba hddvd units. Of course it alread controls the HR21. It was very easy ahd I was pleasantly surprised! I have tried a couple of name brand remotes, could never get them programed satisfactorly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts